• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What B Pipe To Use With OE Back Box & CAT??

I recently have removed and sold my old Apexi Hayabusa system (B pipe & Back box). With the OE system back on, I am noticing the restrictiveness at top end RPM.

I hear the OE back box is good for 300Bhp, and looking at the OE system when it was off my car, compared to the Apexi system, the part that looked most restrictive is the B pipe, as the diameter of the OE tubing is noticeably smaller.

So, I am looking to get an aftermarket B pipe (I want to retain the OE back box for stealth and subtlety).

What B pipe has a good sized tubing diameter (hopefully simmilar to the Apexi), and also will fit straight on to my OE back box and CAT, without modification.

I dont want the Spoon, as its £££ and needs the bolt holes modifying at the CAT end. I am thinking about the SuperSprint silenced B pipe. Does anyone know if it will fit in to my system, and also what the diameter of the tubing is??

Any help much appreciated, and it would be good to hear from anyone running a simmilar system. Just for your info, the only other mod is an AEM CAI.

Cheers. :)

Ok - After a bit of reading, I now am seriously considering the Spoon B Pipe, as I believe the only modification is enlarging the boltholes at the CAT end flange.

Also is it true if you buy one from ADH (approx £265) they will modify it to fit the UK CTR before posting it out to you??

My only other concern is that it hangs a bit low, but I guess a lot of that is down to the fitting. Plus I read the Spoon sounds a lot nicer than the Supersprint when used with the OE back box.

Cheers.

I'm running the standard cat, Spoon B-Pipe and standard back box 8)

Its got a 'deep stock' sound on idle and a 'deeper stock / slightly louder' sound to it on acceleration.

When you look under the car it does hang lower but not as much as you think, its very practical and mine still remains unscratched.

I had mind fitted @ CPL Racing a while back and I'm very pleased :D

- Kevin.

Hey mate - is that Apexi looking good? My mate should be there to collect it in a weekend or 2 - wait on a call mate.

With regards to the Spoon B pipe hanging low - I've not had one problem with it and one car park on camp involves going up a sharp incline where the bottom is close to bottoming out - and I've had no problems.

Hope this helps.

Cheers for the replies - i think I will go with the Spoon. I'm such a sucka, was supposed to be returning the car back to standard LOL :oops:

Chris - Exhaust is looking good - tho I think I will give it one last polish before you mate collects it 8)

Gunn79 said:
I am thinking about the SuperSprint silenced B pipe. Does anyone know if it will fit in to my system, and also what the diameter of the tubing is??
Yes it'll fit with standard backbox.
Diameter is the same as Spoon, 60.5mm.

On the Spoon Europe site;

http://www.spoonsportseurope.net/ProductDisplay.asp?SubID=29

It says;

Fitment of the B Pipe to some standard UK spec. exhaust manifolds retaining the standard catalyst require some modifications to the pipe. Please contact your Spoon dealer or Spoon Sports Europe for the details applicable to your car. Spoon are currently rectifying this issue.

Does anyone know if they have 'rectified' this issue yet??

If not, what needs doing, is it simply enlarging of the bolt holes??

And according to the Spoon Europe site, the EP3 CTR B pipe is the same as the DC5 Teg B pipe. I presume this is correct??

Yes, you just need to elongate the holes by about 3 - 4mm in towards the pipe on each of the 3 holes.

I'm sure ADH will do this for you if you ask.

Yes, the DC5 and EP3 part numbers for the b-pipe are now the same (any physically the same)

Jon

Back