• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 What car? this friday at goodward to look over the new ctr

I've been lucky enough to get selected to go along and look at the car and talk to the peps from Honda about it.

Anyone want any questions answered whilst I'm there?

Is anyone off this forum going?

Question for Honda bods: -

1. Will Honda be offering any performance enhancing options via its dealer network?

Will they ever release another proper Type R? Or just a car to sell to the mases?

The new CTR will sell big time i predict but it's not what the loyal Honda enthusiast want but the sales reps will!

NORTS said:
Will they ever release another proper Type R? Or just a car to sell to the mases?

The new CTR will sell big time i predict but it's not what the loyal Honda enthusiast want but the sales reps will!

The thing is the days of very light weight cars are over because of crash regs etc. I think if you really want a Type-R in the 1000-1100kg region your looking at a Jazz Type-R. Personally I want a light car with RWD so I bought an AE86 Corolla.

IMO Honda are on the money with the new Type-R, straight line performance was never an issue for the EP3 and it will still hold it's own against the current crop of performance hatches (I say performance because a proper hot hatch is 106/Clio sized IMO). The improvement in the steering and chassis (yes even with a torsion beam) between the cooking EP and new car is unbelievable so if Honda only get half that improvement between the old and new CTR then it'll be an absolute cracker to drive. I still think there is room for a proper optional stripped-out version (delete all sound proofing, peripheral electrics, etc) with an LSD and sensible sized wheels but the automotive industry is extremely competitive these days so there's not always the opportunity for these sort of indulgencies.

As for 'proper' Type-R, VTI, etc, etc, this is all marketing b******* anyway so who gives a stuff.

Awww you bugger............. I was deemed "not important enough" for this.............

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please give us a full review and write up when you can fella!

Just to let people know there is an embargo from honda about any opinions on the car from these taster sessions untill after the 29th of Jan. Please check with Honda regarding this if you do go to any of these days.

This has come from the Honda press office directly :)

I really feel they should have and could have given at least 20-25BHP more.

Look at the new Corsa VXR FFS. That's going to have enough pace to worry a few cars IMO.

I have a feeling the new Type R will sell well but will also get a whipping here and there.

I think it is very funny. I remember when the EP3 came out all the diehard Honda fans knocked it for six, just post on Honda revs and see the reaction, even today lol. Now us EP owners are saying the same thing about the new car. And no one has even driven it. And IMHO until you do any comment is just supposition. Speaking personaly; of course, what it looks like is less important than how it drives. Else i would not like Hachis, R32's and most other Japanese cars :D (Rex7 notwithstanding). ;)

Aeron said:
I'm going Friday :D

Please check on any restrictions that are imposed when you go along with regards to posting info on the car before coming back and posting pics/reviews :)

HASNIC said:
Aeron said:

Please check on any restrictions that are imposed when you go along with regards to posting info on the car before coming back and posting pics/reviews :)

We've been told that we can't take our own pictures.....cheers for the heads up though.

Aeron said:
HASNIC said:
Aeron said:

We've been told that we can't take our own pictures.....cheers for the heads up though.

Cheers for that mate :wink:

I wonder what would happen if the someone's opinion was to be posted from a new 'untraceable' account :lol: :wink:

If it was posted here it would be deleted I am afraid m8. Let's just say it would be a case of not wanting to shoot ourselves in the foot ;)

Back