• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

Seeing how easily my side bolster weld snapped I would hazard a guess that these seats are not harness safe.
It's basically spot welding holding them in place

Nobody can definitively say. I’ve based my decision on

- Given the car has been designed as a world car, specifically for the US market I can’t believe Honda would design something to allude to harness use, if there was going to be future law suits for people actually using harnesses

- lots of manufacturers are making specific harnesses for the type r to use the existing mounting points - again why would they develop them if there was the chance of legal ramifications in the future

I’ve mounted the harnesses with the schroth snap on mounts so no damage or drilling of car . Mounted to existing pen seatbelt mounting points
Click on this link - https://passionford.com/forum/general-car-related-discussion/489421-mk1-frs-sparco-seat-alert.html

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yawn. Not the same design of seat. Harnesses through the headrest. Massive accident that I doubt anyone would walk away with without injury
Yawn away all you want Princess!
The fact is regardless of what you think, that unless you know for sure your seat is adequate for the harnesses or if they are fitted wrong then you are dicing with death or serious injury...

Crack on!

I've owned several serious track cars over the last 15 years. Harnesses without a proper approved seat is quite simply nuts. In fact harnesses and bucket seats without a cage is pretty stupid as well. All 3 are designed to work together to keep you safe. Only having 1 or 2 out of the 3 is a real safety compromise. you would genuinely be safer with the standard seat belt. Thinking because they sell the type r to the law suit crazy americans means the seat is harness approved is a BIG assumption. All cars go through crash testing , but the second you fit something thats not oem that results in you being injured there's no way honda would be at fault. Everyones entitled to do what they want of course, but id hate other owners to follow this example and end up hurt, hence why ive just posted this. Hopefully you won't have to ever find out if you're right or wrong.

Yawn away all you want Princess!
The fact is regardless of what you think, that unless you know for sure your seat is adequate for the harnesses or if they are fitted wrong then you are dicing with death or serious injury...

Crack on!

Apologies I know you were only representing a different view.

For me the chance to fit the harnesses that will allow me to wear a hans on track is a safer all round option than just a seatbelt alone. For me there is more risk from whiplash than there is in the seat splitting like the focus example

Thanks

Usual decal application...one on back one on front.

Couldn’t find any which said ‘Honda Design’ as per prototype but thought it looked cool.

Usual decal application...one on back one on front.
That's what I expected....I was just surprised you hadn't removed the front one before taking the photo.
It's a pity the Honda Design one wasn't available, I think it looks neater and a bit more discreet. :)

Cleaned the fn2 drivers seat and matt today. Vac and sprayed woolite/distilled water mix before working a damp mf cloth through the materials.

Made a huge difference as they were quite filthy and dirty unlike the rest that still look ike new!

bd4cce2cc5f70715a21b5fed4543961b.jpg
15d683b90a82816eb9c794611631478b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

That's what I expected....I was just surprised you hadn't removed the front one before taking the photo.
It's a pity the Honda Design one wasn't available, I think it looks neater and a bit more discreet. :)

Hadn’t stuck on yet...

The end product

Back