• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What do people think of these?

Firstly the power gain claim is rubbish.

You're not going to make 15BHP after an air filter. Impossible.

Even if it was remapped on a KPro/K100 you wonlt get 15BHP.

To be honest I have one of these. The claimed power gain is rubbish but I definitely wouldn't say it lost power. It does feel slightly more livelier and throttle response has improved slightly too but wouldn't say more powerful. If anything a 1-2bhp maybe if you dyno'd it.

I like it because for the cost it served it's purpose, which was to make the car feel a bit better and sound a lot better. I knew that no matter what induction kit I got that without a remap would be pointless. It is therefore only for noise purposes when VTEC comes on cam.

This isn't an open cone and I've routed the cold air feed differently from how K&N intended, which works better for me and quietens it a fair bit too. It is now akin to the much loved ITG Maxagon kit. I also took the cold air feed off too which effectively made it an open cone and that sounded stupid I think. It also felt more sluggish even on cold nights, which I presume was what heatsoak felt like.

My advice is its a reasonably good kit if you're not expecting it to perform like like GM. Even if you did have a GM, without a remap it would just look and sound good but wouldn't give you the power gain you expect. If you're planning on remapping your car then I'd spend a bit more and go for more recognised kit.

I wasn't using the Ebay link as a claim lol i know they don't make gains like that.

Its just an example of the product already on the car.... and wether its soooo crap that i need to change it ASAP or whether its good and i should keep it?

Whats the mugen intake?

I don't like noisy gash induction... but thats just my personal taste. Haha.

I would say 11bhp is quite a bit extra power actually, especially without a map!

x

An over priced kit, not much extra sound, not much extra power.

AEM Cai is what you want for power/sound. Gruppe M / Tegiwa box for looks/good sounds/good gains.

I shall look into this kit thankyou!

And Rebecca Its all about the stickers haha. Spoon engine bay socks deserves a spoon sticker on the rear lol.

I shall look into this kit thankyou!

And Rebecca Its all about the stickers haha. Spoon engine bay socks deserves a spoon sticker on the rear lol.

I have a spoon LSD, but no stickers. Maybe that's where I am going wrong?! :lol: :(

x

I have a spoon LSD, but no stickers. Maybe that's where I am going wrong?! :lol: :(

x

Oh your losing out on soooo much power/traction/braking/weight reduction/sound by not having the correct stickers.

As for the AEM cold air feed. Wasn't it mentioned it can get damp and can strangle the engine in doing so because of where it is?

Back