• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What do you think of this stereo?

Mark, you can do that on most double DINs to be fair.

The Kenwood that came with my DC5 has a Minidisc player and cd player. When i bought it with the car, i did think it was really good. All these stereo's that you are showing me makes me feel like im riding a penny farthing bike in a R1 world :lol:

My stereo system in my car is dire, if i go onto a dual carriageway or motorway i can't hear the speakers. This is why i need to start upgrading everything and im starting when i get my christmas money. My front speakers are hand me downs from a mate :lol: the rears haven't been changed

Mark, you need a decent headunit for a start. Then get an amp and sub (you're getting my old DC5 sub and enclosure so you're sorted there) so all you need is an amp and some decent front speakers. I have a JBL amp here, it's not brilliant but it'll power a sub and some front componants nicely. You can get some tidy enough sub £100 components with or without speakers to run in the front and it will make a world of difference to how it sounds.

This is my plan mate, i just need to find time to come and get that sub off you. Problem is im house bound at the minute with this chest and i can't really be seen out the house due to work.

So if i get a headunit and your sub, that'll start me off. Then i need to find speakers

It's been over 18 months since I've used it, a few months won't hurt. :lol:

Anyone have any links to what we need to get this fitted and running?? All the wires are not compatibale to the ones in the dash. It looks amazing but ......... HELP!

Thanks Chris! We finally got a lead from Halfrauds. They had the wrong lead in the wrong box!!! Standard!
Well we now have it all up and running, we are now having trouble playing DVD and videos from iPhone. Keeps error message not allowed to use from front seats. WTF? Just downloading the manual now as we have no idea on what I am doing. It does sounds brilliant already though. :D

Thanks Chris! We finally got a lead from Halfrauds. They had the wrong lead in the wrong box!!! Standard!
Well we now have it all up and running, we are now having trouble playing DVD and videos from iPhone. Keeps error message not allowed to use from front seats. WTF? Just downloading the manual now as we have no idea on what I am doing. It does sounds brilliant already though. :D

You might need to tie the handbrake cable to ground. It sounds like a security feature to me.

You might need to tie the handbrake cable to ground. It sounds like a security feature to me.

It seems so, its the same with the phone features too. According to the manual we have to put it to the Handbrake! Might be a New Years Day Chore.

I need to do similar on mine, was going to watch that Top Gear episode from the App Store in the car earlier and nothing came on screen.

For the handbrake wire, just connect it to the black -ve wire, this tricks the headunit into thinking the handbrake is on. That's what I've done with mine

Back