• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What else to replace while it's all off?

I'm getting my front lower wishbone bushes, front ARB bushes and driveshafts replaced in a couple of weeks

What other perishable/consumable parts are worth buying so I don't end up putting old bits back on? Is it worth considering a new input shaft bearing - or would this need the gear box to come out?

Cars done 150k so I am keen to replace most things bit by bit but without taking stuff off repeatedly in the process.

Drop links are always worth doing

Jack it up before you go, do each front wheel, turn full lock each way and see if there is any play top to bottom and side to side. Then do it in a wheels forward position also. This is checking for play in the ball joints and CVs. Change in pairs if you get any moevement.

Not sure about input bearing, I would assume it's an engine out gearbox off affair.

Nice one. Forgot about drop links.

Guess the driveshafts will come with CV joints? May aswell do the ball joints too....

Back