• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

what engine oil?

hi, im needing to add some oil to my premier ep3 but i dont know what oil is in the car. would i be better draining the oil and fully replacing the oil? my car has 79000 miles, also what grade of help should i use i was told 10 40 is the recommended is this rite? any input would be appreciate thanks

hi, im needing to add some oil to my premier ep3 but i dont know what oil is in the car. would i be better draining the oil and fully replacing the oil? my car has 79000 miles, also what grade of help should i use i was told 10 40 is the recommended is this rite? any input would be appreciate thanks
http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?22493-Oilman-s-list-of-correct-oils-to-use
have a read above^^
5w 40 fully synthetic decent named brand is what most people use mate

As has been said above, read that link.
Lots of useful info in there.

Also, if you don't know what oil is in it, then draining it and refilling will be a good idea..

hey, do yous think it would be ok to top my engine oil up with some halfords stuff just for one trip to and from a ferry terminal about a 200mile round trip. then get it totally changed to 5w 40 once im back??

If it needs topping up,

top it up ASAP, regardless of where you are going.

Drop the oil and filter as soon as you can though. Most people use HAMP filters but OEM is fine.

If it needs topping up some oil is better than no oil, so top up with any oil I would use what's been said by the guys above 5-40 fully, then as soon as you can drain it with an engine flush too and change oil and filter. I'm currently using 0-40 fully with a hamp filter.

Why not just get 5W-40 fully synthetic from Halfords :confused:

im pretty sure it was filled with 10w 40 wen i bought the car so thought it would be better to stick to that just now. then get it totally swapped when i am back. do yous agree that would be best or could i just stick 5w 40 in? what would be the best brand to go for when full topping up again? thanks for all the replies great help :)

if it has 10w 40 in just top up with that, however when you do come to change the oil put 5w 40 fully synthetic in.

cheers all help much appreciated, is there a stand out oil brand or just castrol or something like that?

Fuchs Titan 5w40 is very highly recommended.

Although any fully synth 5w40 will do.

Did you read any of the threads like about what oil grade and brand???

Fuchs Titan 5w40 is very highly recommended.

Although any fully synth 5w40 will do.

Did you read any of the threads like about what oil grade and brand???

yeah ive had a look at a few didnt manage to find one about brands but read up on the grades still dont really understand *** but going by what yous guys know and recommend thats why im going for the 5w 40 and was thinking fuchs as i can remembering reading something good about it on here, this is my first honda so jusy wanting to make sure i do the best by her :)
thanks

Back