• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 What Exhaust for ep3

hi, i have been looking at alot of different ranges of exhausts for the ep3, i have compared sound etc on you tube also from what people have said on the forums and narrowed it down to 3 looking for a decent catback system, its either going to be the buddy club pro spec, the dc sports, or the hks hi-power what would you all rate these at
many thanks Jake :lol:

I had a DC Sports system, it was nice, but was blown away by my Fujitsubo RM01A.

well, as Ive ordered a brand spanking mongoose cat back 4" today at a good price I would have to say get a mongoose! lol

I had my heart set on a dcsports catback myself but just couldn't get hold of one, sold out every where. I believe they have manufactured more now in China so they should be easier to get hold of, full stainless design, superb note and good name.....

The Dc is the best of the 3 exhausts, The other 2 have mild steel b pipes i think, which is a no no, be lucky if it lasts a year on british roads.

It took me 6 months to choose my exhaust, been through every brand and thread there is but think Ive chose the perfect exhaust for myself

check this link, this is what convinced me :

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=65062

hope this helps you sir,
Buk

Buckley-

Did you go for the 4.5" one in the end then? I would have thought 4.5" is just a little too big to suit the CTR? Also do you know if the B-Pipe is mandrel-bent or are they crush bent?

I was wanting a Blue flame exhaust as I like the oval tailpipe look as it fits inside the recess nicely. Not much info on it as most people seem to go for other brands.

inever really seen many blue flame products but don't think many people go for them is they don't give as good power increases compared to likes of spoon, toda etc. depends what your after really, do you just want it for looks or performance?personally for budget and performance id go either spoon, buddyclub, Fujitsubo or a hks system. only probs with the buddyclub and the hks is that the mid pipe sits low and can scrape easily on lowered cars.

Buckley-

Did you go for the 4.5" one in the end then? I would have thought 4.5" is just a little too big to suit the CTR? Also do you know if the B-Pipe is mandrel-bent or are they crush bent?

I was wanting a Blue flame exhaust as I like the oval tailpipe look as it fits inside the recess nicely. Not much info on it as most people seem to go for other brands.

Hi Chris, great minds think alike, I went for the 4" inrolled system (same as tweats) think its the perfect size for the ctr. Its mandrel bent aswell so its a good one plus fully stainless ;)

4.5" is to big for my liking. Did you see my link with a ctr with the 4.5" on??

So what Ive heard Mongoose and Blueflame are linked (same company) think Mongoose are the top dog though, They make the Blueflame but not to the same quality....... I may be wrong with that but i have read that somewhere on here.

Magnex also do the oval catback, I know there bust now but their exhausts are still for sale in some places, they are good exhausts as far as I know, full stainless system well made and cheap because there is no warranty with them because there bust but dont let that put you off, should last for years.

If I was you I would buy the same system as me but I would say that because I have just bought one, Its took me over 6 months to choose a catback and think this one Is the closest I will get to perfect taking cost, looks etc into consideration.

If you want I will pm you the place I bought mine from. Your looking at about £300 for it

hope this helps you fella

inever really seen many blue flame products but don't think many people go for them is they don't give as good power increases compared to likes of spoon, toda etc. depends what your after really, do you just want it for looks or performance?personally for budget and performance id go either spoon, buddyclub, Fujitsubo or a hks system. only probs with the buddyclub and the hks is that the mid pipe sits low and can scrape easily on lowered cars.

Spoon, toda, and Fujitsubo are all exceptional brands but they are to expensive for me, good gains off them, look good etc but I just couldn't spend that type of money on a cat back exhaust.

Thats why Ive gone for a mongoose, will not get any gains really, probably lose when I take my Supersprint b pipe off, Its for looks and sound.

Be careful with the hipower and some BC'S, b pipe is mild steel, be lucky if it lasts a year

it all comes down to personnel preference at the end of the day......... Im just tight :D

Had a DC on my teg and loved it. Cant compare it with the others though.

But the quality and the sound from the DC was brilliant

would never sacrafice performance for noise and looks, you'd be better off sticking with your supersprint b pipe and oem box as this isn't restrictive until the 300bhp mark.

would never sacrafice performance for noise and looks, you'd be better off sticking with your supersprint b pipe and oem box as this isn't restrictive until the 300bhp mark.

yes you are right, I would be better off but I fancy a change tbh, never bought a exhaust before so its an experience lol. I will have to strip some weight to compensate the loss of one or two ponies ;)

well i was set on the buddyclub to be honest but dc's sounding the better option as i am also planning to lower the car and would want the pipe to be full stainless but thanks for your comments :D

Well if I do buy one it won't be for a while yet as I'm just about to move in to my first home with my pregnant girlfriend, lol. I've been torn as to whether I can keep the civic but we've been discussing selling her car to save some cash. I need my wheels refurbing after this weather gets better too, but I'm not even gonna bother until the salt washes away.

I really like the look of the standard exhaust, but I just wish it sounded a bit more sporty. There are a few CTRs near me that sound much better as they have aftermarket exhausts. I had a full stainless system on my old civic (megan mani, decat, 2.5" catback, 4" backbox) and it sounded immense, too loud for daily driving really! Don't want to go back to that again but I do miss the burble at low revs.

I've been looking on the Blueflame website and they have a dyno graph that suggests that their system gives marginally more power, but then again I wouldn't expect any manufacturer to say otherwise. I wouldn't expect much though as I think the standard system is probably good enough for a standard engine with just air filter mods. I'm not planning to splash out on a K-Pro either as its just too expensive for me to justify right now, so any gains with either system would be negligible. All I'd really be wanting is something that doesn't look out of place, sounds nice (but not too loud) and is well made. Any improvement in power would just be a bonus in all honesty.

I really like the look of the standard exhaust, but I just wish it sounded a bit more sporty.

If you want this get a Spoon full manifold set with a Spoon B pipe ane the OEM back box.

This a gives a deeper sound with a very nice subtle rasp at about 5k and lift off is superb.

I ran this set up for about 6 months untill I got fed up of hearing EP3's with bigger, louder exhausts and wanted one.

Well if I do buy one it won't be for a while yet as I'm just about to move in to my first home with my pregnant girlfriend, lol. I've been torn as to whether I can keep the civic but we've been discussing selling her car to save some cash. I need my wheels refurbing after this weather gets better too, but I'm not even gonna bother until the salt washes away.

I really like the look of the standard exhaust, but I just wish it sounded a bit more sporty. There are a few CTRs near me that sound much better as they have aftermarket exhausts. I had a full stainless system on my old civic (megan mani, decat, 2.5" catback, 4" backbox) and it sounded immense, too loud for daily driving really! Don't want to go back to that again but I do miss the burble at low revs.

I've been looking on the Blueflame website and they have a dyno graph that suggests that their system gives marginally more power, but then again I wouldn't expect any manufacturer to say otherwise. I wouldn't expect much though as I think the standard system is probably good enough for a standard engine with just air filter mods. I'm not planning to splash out on a K-Pro either as its just too expensive for me to justify right now, so any gains with either system would be negligible. All I'd really be wanting is something that doesn't look out of place, sounds nice (but not too loud) and is well made. Any improvement in power would just be a bonus in all honesty.

Easy answer : Supersprint unsilened b-pipe, I have it and highly rate it. you also mate the oem backbox with it so looks standard and kills the db's, don't mount a aftermarket back box on it though because it will be stupid loud.

It is well made and best of all is the price. Don't let people put you off it. I promise you its perfect for you want.

check out the link :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykOvqW_zN10&feature=related

The sound will grow on you!

Easy answer : Supersprint unsilened b-pipe, I have it and highly rate it. you also mate the oem backbox with it so looks standard and kills the db's, don't mount a aftermarket back box on it though because it will be stupid loud.

It is well made and best of all is the price. Don't let people put you off it. I promise you its perfect for you want.

check out the link :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykOvqW_zN10&feature=related

The sound will grow on you!

Have to say if i was doing anything to my exhaust that would be what i would do

Think I will be purchasing one of these in the near future. Just about to pay off the bank of dad so can start looking for some mods. :) The sound does grow on you.

Thats mine in the link :) it sounds much better in person too, ill try and get a better vid once the weather clears upp

well i was set on the buddyclub to be honest but dc's sounding the better option as i am also planning to lower the car and would want the pipe to be full stainless but thanks for your comments :D

Good choice i had it on mine was 35mm low it did scrape occasionally but was very strong, when i scraped it was awful, i always thought bet thats damaged it but on inspection was spot on can't fault it looks & sounds the business too.

101_1736.jpg

Mint mate! im thinking of going for a dc sports next.. those rota torques look different in gunmetal in every pic i see haha -

got me tempted to get them again, do they look different again in person i bet??

Back