• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What induction kit to get for the ep3

hey ya guy's,

ive had my civic for a while now, ive got a spoon n1. but i really dnt know what induction kit to go for. weather its aem cai or like gruppem?

Or if i was to go for the gruppem, how easy are they to get hold of.

sorry for being such a newbie :rolleyes:

dan

most people will tell you that GM is the best.

If you look in the traders section one of the traders has a price list for the GM.

AEM can be bought from unit 8

would highly recommend the gm, but expensive and hard to get hold off. second hand kits do appear on ebay from time to time.

Gruppe M is the daddy. But dont think it's the only kit I know a few people who run the AEM CAI and love them.

So really its all about £'s at the end of the day AEM CAI is saving alot of money over the Gruppe M.

Hope this helps.

Cheers lad's,

i think im gonna go for gruppem :eek:p

thanks NFN-CTR, its not all that bad really 632 to your door step i hope.

I am yet to here a AEM CAI, but everytime Jermal & Keeno give their Gruppe M ridden cars a blast I go all moist at the thigh. The sound is magic.

Second hand is your best bet, bargains do come up every so often, but you need to be quick as they get snapped up so quickly.

If you don't find a second hand one, then maybe wait a while and see if the exchange rate recovers a bit.

Hey ya guys, ive gone with GruppeM......

Its only cos ive heard all good stuff bout it and you can use it all weathers as far as i know etc. thanks for ya help :)

I've had both the GruppeM and the AEM. The Gruppe is great, sounds good, looks good and gives good gains. The AEM looks more simple, and you don't get the proper under bonnet bling factor, it sounds INSANE, when the VTEC crossover comes in, you get this amazing growl, you can feel the gains with this too. You basically need to work out which one for how much;)

I went for AEM, should arrive this week. I had Gruppe, felt the gains, and it looks awesome, but I hated the noise.

when i bought my civic from bexleyheath honda gargage, a baddddd garage btw.
it had an k&n induction kit on it and half of the filter was covered when the bonnet was shut. but it did sound alrightish

but now ive got my gruppe coming with a spoon n1 exhaust im sure the sound will sound chrisp :)

when i bought my civic from bexleyheath honda gargage, a baddddd garage btw.
it had an k&n induction kit on it and half of the filter was covered when the bonnet was shut. but it did sound alrightish

but now ive got my gruppe coming with a spoon n1 exhaust im sure the sound will sound chrisp :)

A bit like this?

Dscf0812.jpg

Had this on my wife's old Type S with a K20A3. The problem with this is the exhaust manifold is just behind the block, meaning all that hot air comes up into the filter which is baaaad! :evil:

The Gruppe M with it's heatshield and carbon fibre box cuts down on this downside, feeding cold air in with it's scoop which is gooood! :twisted:

yeah you got it down to a teeee mate, with the k&n filter dont look all that good. cos its just huge!!!!!

does any one know how long it takes for gruppem to ship there stuff frm japan to sunny england?

Back