• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

I have a Sept 52 plate on 76k, so that's covered circa 18miles a day in it's life on average. In the 4 years and 2 months odd I've owned it I've covered 29,000 ish.

I done it as i just hadn't opened a spreadsheet at work for a while. All better now as i have one open.

Interesting to see though.

I had no spreadsheet at my disposal so had to go with basic figures.

Mine's on 111,356 if you want to work that out, registered 20/10/2004. I reckon that'll top 15.25 miles a day.

Just about to roll on to 220,000

I haven't used my CTR for a few weeks. I now have an Edition 30 Golf. I also live within 2 miles of work so the miles aren't there anymore. Shame because I really wanted to keep going with the Civic and just see how far it would go on everything original except obvious service items.

I can't afford to keep the CTR as the insurance is more than twice as expensive as the Golf! I can't just keep it as it will rot away and probably break my heart :( so I am probably selling it to a work colleague who has promises to give it some TLC. Tough decision as I have owned it since December 2003 and when it had only covered a few thousand miles. The longest relationship I've ever had :lol:

I'm on 112500 but averaging on 4000 miles a year now as I walk to work. May sell up next year.

Ok, can anyone beat mine... 220,000 Miles 2002, Clutch is original & been on last legs for several years, finally getting Competition Clutch popped in next month.
The car has NEVER had anything done, other than servicing, exhaust, tyres and brakes.

It's not been driven soft, it's not been serviced on the button & also used to belong to a friend (one previous owner did the first 4k) who worked at Silverstone who used to take it on track pretty often for a blast around after hours!

Oh & btw... passed MOT again last week without advisories, however has a slight camcover gasket leak & knock from Anti-Roll bar links (£14 each) so might treat it to them & an oil change next month too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Original clutch! That's impressive, I'm on my third at 112000 miles

Yes, was reported worn/required at 140k service. Now at 220k as I say & still working, just no play in clutch travel & grinds into reverse, but goes through gears spot on still.

Back