• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What is this rattleing / Knocking noise Coming from the rear of my EP3??

This little niggling rattle noise is coming from the back end of my car?? its driving me crazy??

Its not all that loud, and it occurs when im going at a slow speed.... this maybe because my exhust drowns out the knocking the faster i go.

What could this be?? any ideas people?? :)

This little niggling rattle noise is coming from the back end of my car?? its driving me crazy??

Its not all that loud, and it occurs when im going at a slow speed.... this maybe because my exhust drowns out the knocking the faster i go.

The Forum is crawling with rattles on the EP3 one wonders how it stays together, heat shields and exhaust appear to be common.

i have heard about these symptoms before.

i think you need to check under your car for sideshow bob, or robert deniro. they may have attached themselves with a belt to your rear axle until you eventually get to cape fear.

6543_100_100.jpg

i have heard about these symptoms before.

i think you need to check under your car for sideshow bob, or robert deniro. they may have attached themselves with a belt to your rear axle until you eventually get to cape fear.

6543_100_100.jpg

:lol:

If its coming from the rear of the car it's not going to be a Heat shield, do you run a aftermarket exhaust?

Does it ahppen all of the time?

Is the car lowered?

Is it a metal sound or a dull sound?

:lol:

If its coming from the rear of the car it's not going to be a Heat shield, do you run a aftermarket exhaust?

Does it ahppen all of the time?

Is the car lowered?

Is it a metal sound or a dull sound?

Hey yes its an aftermarket Exhaust..... thinking about it no it dosent do it all the time... but once it gets going it gets worse, and worse..... i would say its a dull sound.... to me it sounds like theres soming in the boot knocking around..... or maybe the boots undone... that kinda sound??

Its so fustrating, :confused:

Wait until the exhaust is cool enough to touch then give it a wiggle, see if its that that is knocking about, other than that put the seats down and get someone in the back to have a listen around or get someone to drive your car and you go in the back, trace the orogin of the sound out.

Might be a mount or something on the rear.

Hopefully its the exhuast knocking on something that a few new rubbers or a mallet can sort out.

What exhaust is it?

Wait until the exhaust is cool enough to touch then give it a wiggle, see if its that that is knocking about, other than that put the seats down and get someone in the back to have a listen around or get someone to drive your car and you go in the back, trace the orogin of the sound out.

Might be a mount or something on the rear.

Hopefully its the exhuast knocking on something that a few new rubbers or a mallet can sort out.

What exhaust is it?

Its a D.C Sports?? Thanks for the advice i shall av a play around with it later.... i have a funny feeling it may be the exhuast :(

did you find out what it was in the end?

Back