• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What mpg do you get

I just done a Mpg test on my car i mainly done town driving and a coupple of resonable runs and i worked it out i was getting 22.5mpg is that about average?

It probably isnt helping the mpg that i quite often leave it to warm up in the morning before i drive it

i'm sure i read somewhere that its better for the car if you drive it as soon as you can see, rather then leave it just ticking over as long as you don't rev the nuts off it

I normally get about 28-30 mpg

LMAO - New thread regarding CTR theft coming to a forum near you!

haha i doubt it i cant even remember the last ime i heard about a car getting stolen over here. It sat on the drive for three days last week with the keys in it lol

i'm sure i read somewhere that its better for the car if you drive it as soon as you can see, rather then leave it just ticking over as long as you don't rev the nuts off it

I read that on the bmw forum but a the end of the day it does your car no harm to tick over so id prefer to leave it rather than griving it round with no oil at the top of the engine

Correct, Honda also state this in their handbooks.

I read that on the bmw forum but a the end of the day it does your car no harm to tick over so id prefer to leave it rather than griving it round with no oil at the top of the engine

Wrong, cold engine with cold thin oil produces less oil pressure at tick over and takes longer to warm up. Doing this causes more wear than just driving straight off and also murders fuel consumption.

I got just over 30mpg on a recent trip to Guildford and back. Mainly conservative driving at low revs until I got back onto the A11 homebound.

not too sure on mpg, but just got the car and not driven it that economically. probably got about 260 miles

Just had my best tankfull after a trip to Birmingham, got 315 miles and filled up just as the light came on so reckon i could have squeezed another 15-25 miles safely out of it! Only used to get 230 superunleaded miles max out of my old R33 GTR so loving the extra cash im saving! :p

I get around 28mpg from normal commuter driving.

At a steady 70mph on a motorway trip it'll do 36mpg, but you need a decent radio to keep yourself entertained when driving that slow.

Used to regularly get 370-380 miles to a tank in my ep3, motorway driving of course no v-tec keeping it about 3500-4000k

Yea roughly about 28mpg here maybe 30ish on a good run... managed to get 35mpg on the motorway :O

How many miles you guys getting to a tank? I'm only getting about 260-270...

It has been a while since I got a decent amount of mileage out of a tank.. but this is the latest - 300 miles just as the light came on, that is using V-power fuel and mixed driving (but plenty of VTAK y0!)

20953_344009567672_772547672_4554797_23392_n.jpg

That is with a Gruppe M fitted.

Im sure it does say to drive straight away after starting up in the Honda EP3 handbook if thats any help

I car share going to work with a 61 year old! Not only do I save fuel by only driving every other week, but I also get 38mpg! and that's with the A/C on all the time.
Commute is A roads, bout 25 miles at 60-65 mph.

not bad i think.

Back