• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What new brakes should i get?

Dynax

The Babysitter
After trackday, my brakes are shagged (Were before hand, but its about time to replace them i think :lol: )

I can either get

a) OEM Again

b) Drilled / Grooved EBC Fronts - £123.52

Hopefully going to do more trackdays etc in this car, and apart from looking cool, is there much advantage to be gained?

What would you go for? Many thanks :)

Spence, no one makes brake lines for my car, so it would have to be custom.

Not going to go too far with it as you know what my plans are for next year, but i'd like to get pads/discs as mine are shot.

So, any idea if its worth uprating the discs? :)

Stay away from drilled discs IMO, i had some Tarox sport japan on the DC2 and they had cracks from edge to edge through 99% of the holes after 4k miles.

I'm back running OEM discs and they are far better and have lasted longer Rich.

Custom hoses aren't that pricey, TGM can have them made up for you and as Spence says, good fluid, and pads will sort you right out :)

EBC Blanks are about £46, so suppose i should get those then :lol:

Been looking at the K-sport site (Thanks spence! :roll: ) :lol: Camber arms, lower control arms, coilovers...all pretty cheap, bah :lol:

Dynax said:

Been looking at the K-sport site (Thanks spence! :roll: ) :lol: Camber arms, lower control arms, coilovers...all pretty cheap, bah :lol:

EBC blanks will be ok man, but it's pads and fluid that are the things that'll show the big difference :)

HASNIC said:
Dynax said:

EBC blanks will be ok man, but it's pads and fluid that are the things that'll show the big difference :)

WOuld have to agree, make sure you pick the right pads, as some will eat your discs when they are cold.

Can anyone recommend some?

I had EBC Greenstuff before, and now have OEM ones.

Need replacing so i'll have to buy some, but unsure what to get.

I would give Tom or Paul a ring explain your needs and they will recommend a pad to suit your road and track needs. Or you could run a pad for the road and one for the track.

I have DS2500 pads, Braided lines, decent fluid (can't remember what) and Tarox G88 discs and my brakes were sh1t hot at brands 8)

LOL, im about to get new brakes but im only getting the Mintex pads and OEM discs.

Back