• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What Petrol??

Just done some reading, the higher the octane rating the higher the compression of the fuel before auto igniting meaning it is better used in engines with a higher compression ratio I.e race engines.

Using a lower octane fuel than what is recommended by the manufacture for a certain compressin engine will lower the power as the engine will auto adjust the timing to prevent knocking and pinking due to the fuel auto igniting from being over compressed.

So using high octane doesn't add power but allows the engine to run at its full potential, using normal unleaded will lower the power for engine safety reasons.

So again higher octane = better economy in a high compression engine as its not being restricted. Low octane restricts power and wastes feul.

You stopped me having to post that then Griff. Top work! :)

I thought it did...

Burns quicker, race fuel is higher octane so it burns quicker?

You can throw a lit cigarette into race fuel and it won't burn, throw it into normal fuel and it'll ignite, not that I recommend doing either :)

What advantage would I gain having high octante fuel in my FN2 CTR when I get it remapped?

Just done some reading, the higher the octane rating the higher the compression of the fuel before auto igniting meaning it is better used in engines with a higher compression ratio I.e race engines.

Using a lower octane fuel than what is recommended by the manufacture for a certain compressin engine will lower the power as the engine will auto adjust the timing to prevent knocking and pinking due to the fuel auto igniting from being over compressed.

So using high octane doesn't add power but allows the engine to run at its full potential, using normal unleaded will lower the power for engine safety reasons.

So again higher octane = better economy in a high compression engine as its not being restricted. Low octane restricts power and wastes feul.

As Griff's post. Basically you can go further with tuning cam angle and ignition before you get knock.

How much HP you'd gain? I don't know if anyone has paid for a second mapping session to see the differences.

I've just bought an 05 facelift EP3 and in the fuel filler cap it says to use the following,

Premium / Super
95 RON / ROZ Min

This is what the sticker says. I'm a bit confused as I though Premium is 97 and not 95. Should I be using 95 RON? Also what is this Super ROZ Min? Just like to know what RON fuel I should be putting in.

sure most people run there cars on v power or tesco momentum, sure super unleaded from a decent garage would surfice though. My friend runs his TVR on sainsburys basic and its happy enough so i think it just depends on if the car has been mapped to a high octane

That's just the standard EU label.

Standard 95 will be fine unless it's been remapped on something higher octane.

Premium or Super in this country, Premium being 95.

This is from a Skoda for example, quick google search threw it up:
IMG_0001.jpg

I've just filled up with my first tank of Momentom. I've rest the miles counter to see if I get more miles to the gallon. It really didn't seem more expensive either.......

i find no difference between momentum and v-power, think there the same price as well. Just use which ever is closest to me.

Momentum for me is 5p a litre cheaper :D plus I get another 5p a litre off each time I spend over £50 in tesco

Back