• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What Petrol??

55d26415-c5c0-c248.jpg

yes-he-did-it-.jpg

Text speak makes you look like an uncultured mong, abbreviations don't.

There is a subtle difference and this is sometimes difficult to distinguish between the two. If you are an uncultured mong that is.

Sometimes abbreviations are just as hard to understand as what text speak is.

IIRC, AFK, AFAIK, GLWTS, ETC...

Unless you spend a lot of time on forums and use abbreviations then these are harder to understand than text speak, everyone knows 'm8' means mate but have to look up 'AFK'

I'm not saying text speak should be used but perhaps abbreviations should be used less or have a legend button somewhere that lists all the abbreviations, for the new forum users. :)

Yeah, a list would be a good shout. I sometimes see people post almost an entire message using abbreviations.

I know I use them.

BTW GTFO. I DNW to see you go AFK during a game FFS.

Text speak makes you look like an uncultured mong, abbreviations don't.

There is a subtle difference and this is sometimes difficult to distinguish between the two. If you are an uncultured mong that is.

Ah yes, the word 'mong' comes from a fine cultured background as I recall :confused:

Sometimes abbreviations are just as hard to understand as what text speak is.

IIRC, AFK, AFAIK, GLWTS, ETC...

Unless you spend a lot of time on forums and use abbreviations then these are harder to understand than text speak, everyone knows 'm8' means mate but have to look up 'AFK'

I'm not saying text speak should be used but perhaps abbreviations should be used less or have a legend button somewhere that lists all the abbreviations, for the new forum users. :)

Good point Griffin

Early H22's also require 98 Ron. Facelifts like mine state 98 Ron on the filler but will run on 95 just fine. I however stick to vpowah for the mileage Caz does.

Running a car on unleaded is false economy from what i've found.

If you run super in any new car (within the last 8/10 years) the engine will notice the change in octane and adjust to it.

I put Tesco 99 in my Ecosh1t box Verso S and it does 40 miles more than standard unleaded. I find that £2 extra on a tankful does on average 40 miles more, you have to be stupid to keep sticking cheaper standard unleaded in your car thinking it costs less.

Run a few tanks of super though the car and i guarantee you will see the difference.

High octane = more hp = less right foot to accelerate = less petrol needed to get to speed.

Low octane = less hp = more right foot to accelerate = more petrol needed to get to speed.

High octane = more hp = less right foot to accelerate = less petrol needed to get to speed.

Low octane = less hp = more right foot to accelerate = more petrol needed to get to speed.

This is why the amercans use so much fuel (also because they drive gas guzzlers). Their V Power is about 85 octane or something close. Tards!!

Running a car on unleaded is false economy from what i've found.

If you run super in any new car (within the last 8/10 years) the engine will notice the change in octane and adjust to it.

I put Tesco 99 in my Ecosh1t box Verso S and it does 40 miles more than standard unleaded. I find that £2 extra on a tankful does on average 40 miles more, you have to be stupid to keep sticking cheaper standard unleaded in your car thinking it costs less.

Run a few tanks of super though the car and i guarantee you will see the difference.

Thanks for the advise, so do you think its safe to change straight over?

I run mine on Momentum or V Power here, anywhere else whatever super is available. I did notice that all the other "supers" tend to be 97ron, this is a rubbish quality video but worth watching for a simple explanation [video=youtube;Ospimy_4j9k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ospimy_4j9k[/video]

Back