• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What rate is my CTR depreciating at??

I know there's no easy answer to this, but can anyone guess?

It's an 02, so past the initial big drop. I reckon it's worth about £9k private at the min, but what would that be in 6 months?

The reason I ask is, my next car is just slightly out of my price range, but if I wait 6 months, i'll have paid nearly another £2k off the car, so will be in a much better position to part ex. But will this be defeated by depreciation?

350Z hopefully 8)

Can just afford one of the older ones at the min, but i don't want too many miles on it. Could really do with spending another grand or two to get the car I really want.

brittas said:
350Z hopefully 8)

Can just afford one of the older ones at the min, but i don't want too many miles on it. Could really do with spending another grand or two to get the car I really want.

Thats what i want next too!

Trying to persuade myself to hold off, my 04 ctr has only done 10k so really should keep it a while longer i think!

insanojackson said:
brittas said:
350Z hopefully 8)

Thats what i want next too!

Trying to persuade myself to hold off, my 04 ctr has only done 10k so really should keep it a while longer i think!

Yeah, spotted you on the 350z forum mate :D

Educated guess ;)

You pay about £1095 a year over the value of the CTR when you finance it, now that normally equates to a similar rate in depreciation of the car... but you need to average it over 2 years as the 1st year you loose more than the second... so £91 is an average over 2 years... 1 year old you might be only losing £60 per month, but from brand new it may be £120 per month if you get my random drift :oops:

Well I was just talking to an 04 driver who showed me some depressing figures for the CTR :(

Not looking good really!

Ah, finally managed to register on there. Still awaiting mod approval before I can view anything! :shock:

Back