• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What tyres?

when i got my ctr it had the standard re040 potenza 205/45/17 tyres. they were very good in the dry but when it rained the car was dangerously understearing and sliding all over the place.

i switched them with a set of parada spec 2's 215/40/17 tyres and they have been great, very competant in the dry and i have had no big problems in the wet with them on.

falken 452 tyres have been getting a good write up by members on here. they are fairly cheap aswell.

215/40/17 tyres seem to be cheaper than 205/45/17 from most brands for some reason aswell mate.

Thanks mate.

Tyre detail: Yokohama Parada Spec 2 215/40 R17 W (83) * 4

;)

£65 each, bargain aswell. Hope they grip as well as people make out! Cheers for all your help.

Thanks mate.

Tyre detail: Yokohama Parada Spec 2 215/40 R17 W (83) * 4

;)

£65 each, bargain aswell. Hope they grip as well as people make out! Cheers for all your help.

where have you found them for this price? I'm in need of some too

Had them on the car for around 500-1000 miles and a few weeks...I love them. Grip to the road perfect. In the wet they seem to be a bit slippy but as long as you don't VTEC in bad conditions they are fine. I would definitely reccomend them. I think they grip better than my old Potenzas used to in the dry.

Just had a set of 4 Vredstein Sessanta's fitted this afternoon, first impressions are good. A lot quieter than the BF Goodrichs I had on the back, about the same noise levels as the Hankooks K104's I had on the front. Turn in seems quite a it sharper than before can't really comment on the grip yet as I've only done about 15 miles on them. Was a bit worried about the gap under the arches going from 205/45/17 to 215/40/17 but you can't really tell the difference tbh, this is on standard suspension and wheels. Overall I think I have a sneaky suspicion I'm going to really like them, certainly like the price, £357 fully fitted!!

Parada spec 2 are very, very good for the money.

I have them on mine, also a mate has them on his EP3 and prefers them over the OEM fit Re040's

wet grip = s***
dry grip = fantastic

they are only budget tyres when it rains. I can honestly say that I've had semi-slicks that offer more grip than the yoko in the wet. Summer tyre only IMO, unless you want drive like a nun between late November and early March.
I've not experience parada's in snow and I don't intend to, as I have another set of wheels and tyres for winter. :)

Back