• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What Washers help??

Hi everyone,

When the weather is better and this snow has gone! I am going to change the transmission oil, I am going into my local honda dealer to get some of the oil off them. I have seen the how to's so i now know how to do it, but what washers do i need to replace on the gearbox after removing the plugs???

Thank you in advance

Chris.

theres a washer that usually goes around the gearbox plug, its a crush washer to ensure a good seal when its tightened up, i can get you a copper one if you want it mate, not sure on size, can anybody else help?

If you're going to get the gearbox oil from you Honda dealer then just get the washers from them too. They'll know what you need.

Thanks for your reply, Could i get the same washers out of halfords? only i've now got the oil and halfords is closer than the dealers :confused:

Do the drain and measure it when the plugs out. I've done it before and haven't used a washer and never had any grief

Back