• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What wheel size and offset to sit flush? (EP3R)

Hey all.

I just purchased an EP3R and I love this car.

It is currently on SSR Type-F's and while these are nice wheels they don't really suit the EP3.

The car is only slightly lowered. My guards are not rolled.

I am after something that will sit flush with the guards without having to run heaps of camber as I don't want excessive tyre wear and an a function over form kind a guy.

I am wanting to go with a 17 inch wheel with either 8 or 8.5 inches of width on 215 or 225 rubber.
If I were to go a 17x8 or 8.5 what offset would I need to sit flush with minimal camber? (Camber looks awesome but I can't afford to replace tyres every 5000kms)
Also, is 17x9 too wide for an EP3R?
I am leaning towards Enkei RPF1's in but I am very open to suggestions.

Thanks

17x9 will fit, but with all EP's you need the arches rolling. You will scrub like hell if not. You'll also pretty much need camber to get that wide to work. I'm running 17x8.5 ET43 with an extra 5mm spacer, so effectively ET38. But that's on a DC5 with Tein springs, which are rebound for being stiff. I've got no arches rolled, but I have got -2 degrees camber on the rear and -1.25 on the front. I have no scrubbing issues except on the front under very hard braking and cornering at the same time. And even then, it's only a scuff on the wheel plastics.

17x9 will fit, but with all EP's you need the arches rolling. You will scrub like hell if not. You'll also pretty much need camber to get that wide to work. I'm running 17x8.5 ET43 with an extra 5mm spacer, so effectively ET38. But that's on a DC5 with Tein springs, which are rebound for being stiff. I've got no arches rolled, but I have got -2 degrees camber on the rear and -1.25 on the front. I have no scrubbing issues except on the front under very hard braking and cornering at the same time. And even then, it's only a scuff on the wheel plastics.

Thanks for the info. Yeah I will probably go 17x8+38ish or 17x8.5+42ish if I can find wheels that come in this size. RPF1's don't, so if anyone has other suggestions please send them my way.

How is the stance with your setup NYA? Is it a nice balance of form and function? Also are DC5's the same centre bore? as EP3's?

How is the tyre wear with -2 degrees of camber?

Stance is spot on. As the Teg is a fast road car I didn't want the totally slammed look. The wheels sit ever so slightly out from the arches, but not enough to cause mot problems. And as for tyres, they're all good. I don't do loads of miles so it's never an issue.

Oh an centre bore is the same I think. I know either wheel will fit either car.

Hey thanks again man,

Wheels ever so slightly outside the guards is exactly what I'm looking for, sounds like the perfect fitment. So either 17x8.5+38 or 17x8+35.

If I were to get my guards rolled, is there much chance of paint chipping? My paint is an aftermarket matte job.

Also do you know if I need any aftermarket parts to achieve -1.5ish degrees of camber on an EP3?

As far as paint goes, it's usually best to warm it with a heat gun before rolling, it makes the paint more pliable and less prone to cracking.

To get camber adjustments on and EP is the same as most Hondas. You'll need Rear Camber Arms, I use M2 ones from Unit8. And you'll need camber bolts for the front, I've got Eibachs, again, Unit8. Once you have the wheels on, and the camber adjusters, it's best to go for a Fast Road Set Up (FRSU). Take it to someone with laser alignment and give them the setup you want. If you google it or search here, you'll find loads of different FRSU settings, different people like different settings dependant on how they drive the cars. Mine is quite aggressive and maybe a little too twitchy for some folk, but I like to feel the back end stepping out occasionally

Ah, that may be an issue lol. You're best checking EBay or your local tuning shops. We are lucky in the UK. To have a big Honda scene, so we have a good supply of shops available. The internet is always your best friend for parts tbh. You may have to ship from Japan or similar if you can't find them in Oz.

Back