• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What's better for gains? N1+b pipe or Spec 3

would both be the same i reckon, you will not notice a difference apart from sound between the two

On a basic N/A car I think the N1 will have the edge, on an F/I car the Spec 3 would easily have the edge.

I had a spec III and got within 1wbhp of TP's car with the same mods other mods on. So in N/A form there pretty close. The 60.5mm ID of the N1 should win through though, it's only on F/I (or cam'd) where that extra ID makes a difference.

HTH

So, basically down to personal preference given my car is virtually stock.

Am I correct in thinking about 10bhp is what I can expect from either the Spoon combo or Spec 3?

10hp gain from a cat back system on a stock engine is pushing it a bit I think.

I don't think aftermarket exhausts do anything unless you have an uprated air filter to help the engine breath more easily at that end too. I've seen stock cars with just sports exhausts drop power. With a decent filter you should net a 15 pony gain ish, and about 25-30 gain if you add on K-Pro to that.

i got 214.6bhp with just a spec 3 and blitz air filter:)

Unless you had your car dyno'd on the same roller using the same software without the mods for a comparison then that figure means bugger all.

Back