• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What's going on with Sky Insurance?

My wife and I both have had our cars insured with Sky for a number of years now. We've been fairly happy with them to date although there are others around that are just as cheap but Sky are quite local to me so we thought we'd stick with them. However, my wife's just received the renewal quote for her 2005 Honda Jazz 1.4L ... £1200!?!?! This was about £330 last year (9yrs ncb). :confused: That's gone up almost 4 times last year's premium. Called them earlier to confirm that this is no typo.

My EP is due for renewal soon too. If this is the same story with my EP we will have to start looking elsewhere... or sell it. :(

Has anybody else received their renewal quote from Sky? Is there something going on in the car insurance market that I've missed?

insurance has gone up around 20% in the last 18 months. not 400% if you had paid 330 12 months ago i would expect to pay 400, maybe a touch more because of london.

Hi,

one of the underwriters we used for standard UK cars has moved away from insuring private cars, this may be the issue, do you mind dropping me a PM with your wife's details (full name and postcode) so I can look into this?

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Back