• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

what's happened to my paint???

Can anyone tell me whats happen to my paint in this pic, its started to look like this after i used autoglym srp:(

Last edited by a moderator:
NHB DC5?

Hard to tell but it looks like you've polished through the lacquer. Not your fault, probably been attacked by the dealer who brought it in and they've left the paint dangerously thin.

That or its something completely different, hard to tell!

yer its black dc5, that what i was thinking also but wanted to see if anyone had any diff ideas.

Am i right in thinking a detailer wont be able to sort this out:(

i just got quoted £475 from a detailer near me for my EP3. Its expensive!

i feels smooth all over still.

I did it by hand and then wax over it

it was there a little before but since the polish you can see it alot more now

Last edited by a moderator:
yer its black dc5, that what i was thinking also but wanted to see if anyone had any diff ideas.

Am i right in thinking a detailer wont be able to sort this out:(

If the lacquer is gone, it'll need either re lacquered if you're lucky or repainted. Detailing it will only make it worse.

Whats happened is its most likely been machine polished by the importer as they usually come in grotty and dull from sitting around shipping docks etc. They normally rotary polish them with the likes of G3 or equally abrasive polishes which not only leave a poor finish, holograms, buffer trails etc, but they remove alot of paint in the process, as whenever you polish a car you're actually removing a little paint every time. You've just been unfortunate and polished the remaining lacquer off. The dimpled areas are low spots in the factory finish orange peel which haven't been touched by the polishing process yet.

Hope that explains it a bit better.

Looks like it's had work in the past, probably been machine polished very thin and you've broken through..... that's going need respraying.... :(

You could probably get people who do touch ups like scratches etc to fix it easily and cheaply, chipsaway that sorta people, without repainting whole panels.

I'd say around £400. I got the whole side of my EP3 resprayed for just under this.

Get a few quotes. Don't accept the cheapest as you will definately get what you pay for in this game.

I'd say around £400. I got the whole side of my EP3 resprayed for just under this.

That's pretty good, my Mum's just had a front wing painted on her Audi A3, £450 at the local BMW body but they did an amazing job and it's one of those silvery-purple-greys and the match is perfect.

I got it done at a place in Norwich called Dr Vinyl. Good customer service and a great job :)

I think it's a franchise iirc.

i think i will give tgm a call, i herd thay got a spray shop there, and only ever herd good things about them.

Back