• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What's NEW???

Hey guys
I've been away for a while (not prison) And Have a DC5 now,
has there been any new developments in the tuning circles?
My last CTR was jrsc'd by Tdi north,
I know Seize2's (olly) black CTR was on a Rotrex charger making @450bhp?
Im not really bothered with staying N/A tuning, bang for bucks S/c all the way:twisted:
Did anybody manage to Do a sucessfull 2.4 engine supercharged??
So really whats New???

cheers
Paul.

If you have heaps of money get an M90 supercharger from Moss motors, get a built K24 power plant, go to someone who can custom fabricate a intake manifold for the larger charger, sort out the pully arrangement etc.....

Wee Kpro Tune

Say hello to a supercharged monster.

Also say hello to empty pockets as well though :D

There's Dougie G's 2.2 TODA stroker ROTREX ep3 thats pushing toward 500BHP with water methanol injection. I might take mine to a 2.3 ROTREX with clockwise at some stage which is really pretty well the limit for the K20. The 2.4-2.6 seem to be turbo drag cars that make huge numbers but don't seem to last too long.

I was chatting with Ian last week (he's performed a few post mortems) and the consenus was that, the heat build up associated with the turbo and related pipework weakened the block, things got moving and then things broke big time eg Scott W, Paul J. OK for the 1/4 mile tuners, not so good for track/road guys on earth playing with a budget.

I believe Guy's planning a different config this year.

Seano

Talk of the devil! How you doing Scott?

I also heard good things about torque and lysander.

S

I'm doing fine Seano - what about yourself?

Is that car of yours back on the road again?

I have been looking for a new car to play with, not a clue what though... DC5, Clio V6 and even pondered with just buying a new Fiesta TDCI for cheapness.

Will keep my X reg diesel fiesta for now though, pile of crap but it asks for nothing which is a good change from a EP3 civic drag car!

Passed the MOT the other day, just needs a re-tune as noise is an issue!

I'm hoping to give it a a run out at Oulton in a couple of weeks - assuming the brakes turn up (I really don't fancy using the standard calipers!).

Clio V6 - rare and stands out, but sadly looks far better than it goes or handles and I don't think their reliability is too stella either. I dropped a K20 engine off the other day so arguably I have made the first rear engined K20 R26 (It is St Patricks' day).

I'm going to stick with the K20 rather than the K24, but I know where you are coming from.

Seano

Cheers guys,
Whatever I do it will be for track abuse as apposed to 1/4 mile work.
I like the sound of the Toda 2.2 with charger,
Any companies or uk based site I can look at please.

TDi North do both the Toda 2.2 stroker AND the ROTREX kits. I don't think they have done a DC5, but I know that Richard at TTS (who is the main distributor) for ROTREX in the UK, has using an FMIC.

You might be better off getting TTS to fit the ROTREX after you get the stroker built. You probably want to think a little about the compression ratio if you are going for big BHP. Might be an idea to have a word with Dougie.

Seano

I'm sure you could have a lot of fun with a K24 bottom end, I seem to recall it all went together relatively easily when Paul Jones did it a couple of years ago - there might of been small issue with one of the engine mounts IIRC. Piston speed is what you will need to watch I suspect.

I'm wanting to have a very wide power band and the thrill of a very free revving engine VTECing from say 3250 to 9000 so I'm probably going to stick with a 2.3 K20. Suppose I should really use VTEC killer cams, but it goes against the grain. Then again whats the point of having bits that you don't need just for the sake of purity when you are already using FI :D

Seano

Cheers guys I'll start poking around, I remember Ollies rotrex'd car and it was awesome, so a toda 2.2 with Rotrex would be about the Ideal setup??
I think that would be fantastic in a DC5.

Should fly!

Ollie's was converted by Richard at TTS and the DC5 conversion uses the larger FMIC rather than Ollie's top mount.

You really need to speak to Dougie about his TODA/ROTREX conversion.

Seano

Back