• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

whats the lowest spring you can buy for the ep3

hi ive done a search but cant find anything ive seen on some cars on pistonheads about apexi 60mm springs fitted ! do they do these spring or any make, as the lowest i can find with out coilovers is 50mm

On a EP3, anything more than 30mm is asking for trouble.

The standard damper (especially the rear one) do not have alot of damper stroke travel to begin with...
Using a very low springs will just cause a bad ride and kill your dampers in no time... then you have to pay for new dampers.

In the end, it would end up costing you more than buying coilovers and lowering it properly the first time.

If you are honestly just looking to lower your car without worry for performance, handling, or safety... Then angle grinder to the springs is the easiest solution.
At least I don't think it will be worst than any springs that are mark "-60mm" for an EP3.

have a look in the for sale section a fella has some chopped spoon springs and looks amazing on his jdm ep3 hes wanting £100 V LOW!!

The Tein S Techs or the Spoon Springs are perfect. Spoon even commented that Honda got it spot on with the stock height - so with that in mind, unless you're going, unpractical daily grind, track-prepped, stripped-out, second car, racer, slamming won't have massive benefits until pushed to the limit, every corner, every time.

I've gone lower for the look, it has added handling benefits with an aggressive geometry and a couple of braces. I wouldn't go coilovers, unless I was given them free or going hardcore - which I'm not, which is why good springs for daily spirited driving is the way forward IMO. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
thats what i was hoping to hear, so long as just changing the springs doesnt make the handling worse!! i was eyeing up those eibach pros from egay!

thats what i was hoping to hear, so long as just changing the springs doesnt make the handling worse!! i was eyeing up those eibach pros from egay!

Springs, are good - but they are better in conjunction with corrected geometry to suit - this improves the handling first and foremost. but will ensure the tyre's aren't randomly balding and wearing from various random sections - which is a good benefit.

Edit: The Eibach Pro-kits are good - a lot of people use them :)

If i dont end up getting coilovers, ABP eibach kit with FRSU is the way forward :)

ye think im going to go down the eibach route, although doesnt lower your car that much? 25mm, like you said Honda got it spot on with the stock height so would this be a pointless thing to do? at the end of the day if the OEM springs are perfect then the only other reason is for looks? (or coilovers for the more serious stuff)

Why don't you just buy a VeeDub if you're into the slamming scene.

EP3 = 30mm drop maximum otherwise you make the car handle worse. Plus it will be highly impractical.

been there done that !
golfgti2041-1.jpg

already 50mm but i want her on the deck ;)
civictyper304.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously it's your own choice, but I wouldn't go any further than what you've done already. It'll corner like a pregnant Yak.

If he gets coilovers will it still not handle well?

Edit: I would have thought it would be quite good on say some tein coilovers dropped? Im presuming as don't know.

dont think i dare try them coilovers! it'd be a horrible waste of £170! plus im the same 35mm is most id want to go!

Back