• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

whats the lowest spring you can buy for the ep3

been there done that !
golfgti2041-1.jpg

already 50mm but i want her on the deck ;)
civictyper304.jpg

What make are these -50mm springs please?

i have just bought some 40mm EIBACH springs for 30 squid :) only problem is i have the fn2 18s on the ctr and was wondering if these springs will be too low? any advise would be greatly appretiated
cheers

I've had cars in the past with the cheap ebay coilovers on and the only issue I ever had was them seizing so you couldn't adjust them any more, although my last set on my seat Cupra I covered in grease and they were great, have used them on the road and on track and my only complaint was the stiff ride which you'll get anyway with a really low car.
i know a lot of people say that you shouldn't lower an ep3 any lower than 30-40mm but surely when people run coilovers there generally sat lower than this?

and as for people not liking lowered/slammed cars (and the knock at vw's) its all down to personal choice and can see no point in these comments, some people may not like how you've modified or not modified your car and I'm sure you'd be the first to winge if someone were to slate it so why cant people just be supportive and offer good criticism, if you cant then simply don't post, just seems slightly pointless?

i know a lot of people say that you shouldn't lower an ep3 any lower than 30-40mm but surely when people run coilovers there generally sat lower than this?

Geometry issues aside, coilovers will have shortened, uprated dampers to cope with the spring rates you need to run that low.

yes but if you bought a suspension kit, i.e springs and struts then they should also cope with the car being lower than 40mm, im trying to clarifiy why you cant run an ep3 lower than 40mm, or should i say shouldnt

I would hazard a guess at it being because it starts screwing up the geometry and affecting the handling more than the lower CoG improves it.

don't look that low, mine sits lower than that :|
CivicVXR.jpg
So what have you got? Got any higher res pictures / better angles?

I've seen the Tenzo R's seem to be the lowest spring at -50mm? Or am I missing another make / model?

So what have you got? Got any higher res pictures / better angles?

I've seen the Tenzo R's seem to be the lowest spring at -50mm? Or am I missing another make / model?

52110633-5ce8-1254.jpg

I was told they're G-Max springs not 100% tbh.

Back