• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

whats the noisiest backbox for ep3?

i have a civic with a aftermarket backbox that sounds deep and bassy whats the best backbox for a more raspy f1 type loud sound?

I had a OEM back box with a Spoon header and Spoon B pipe mated to it, that gave a wonderfull raspy sound.

Spoon N1 box will sound pretty good, but as Suits says changing the b pipe will as well and you might actually see some gains. Just changing the backbox will improve the sound but yield no gains.

what abut just the spoon backbox alone ?what do they sound like? all the other combo sounds a bit expensive lol

check the video Loxy posted in the exhaust sounds sticky.

I'm running the Spoon N1 box and the sound is pretty good, just need the b pipe now. Be aware that not everyone likes the small look of the spoon backbox.

My EP3 with just a Spoon N1 (no other mods)
[video=youtube;OigJe8Ej0ac]old link autoupdated[/video]

My EP3 with Spoon N1, Spoon B-pipe and Spoon ETD (although you can't really hear that...
[video=youtube;NxD9VP54TtY]old link autoupdated[/video]

Here you go. HTH

If you want loud, get a 2.5" decat custom system with only one silencer. :lol:

My accord got black flagged at Snetterton track for excessive noise in VTEC. :(

when they noise tested it, the handheld device said 107.4dB (a similar noise level to a petrol powered chainsaw :lol: )

luckily, I had a plan B and I was eventually allowed back on.... :lol:

I've not tracked it since because of the restrictions..... :(

well i dont think i want it too loud kids are in back sometimes ,dont want them luggy,i like the sound of the spoon backbox but they just look like a pea shooter haha

If you want loud, get a 2.5" decat custom system with only one silencer. :lol:

My accord got black flagged at Snetterton track for excessive noise in VTEC. :(

when they noise tested it, the handheld device said 107.4dB (a similar noise level to a petrol powered chainsaw :lol: )

luckily, I had a plan B and I was eventually allowed back on.... :lol:

I've not tracked it since because of the restrictions..... :(

Chav. :lol:

just had a look at the dc sports exhaust on e bay it looks good anybody no anything about them? are they any good? £470 with free delivery?

The Buddy Club Spec IV has a nice raspy sound to it. Totally different to everything else out there.

just had a look at the dc sports exhaust on e bay it looks good anybody no anything about them? are they any good? £470 with free delivery?

It's a great system mate. Speak to some of the traders on here, you might find a better price.

I had a DC Sports system too :lol: .

No too loud, looked good and seemed a quality bit of kit :) .

I had a DC Sports system too :lol: .

No too loud, looked good and seemed a quality bit of kit :) .

Yes, even at 3am it was nice.

Scouse had one on his EP3 I'm sure and I was very impressed with it.

Back