• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 Whats your opinions on the FD2 Type R?

hey there people, i've been looking at the FD2 Types Rs, i know there imports but they look amazing sound amazing and apprently handel and drive amazing! how can you go wrong?

was just asking to see if anyone had test drove one or was thinking the same that i was?

if the FD2 isnt all its ment to be, may have to go down the Turbo'd DC5 Route :)

Young ;)

I went from a DC5 to a FD2 - to be honest I initially thought what have I done - the suspension on the FD2 especially the rear is not setup for UK roads and bounces loads, the DC5 is a lot more adaptable. However you can either fit AST's or look at another route, Koni's, etc . . . and this apparently solves the problem. I havn't done either yet.
Putting the bouncing to one side the rest of the car is amazing. Its more day to day friendly, more refined, little quieter, more comfortable and the dash brings the car in to modern times, the DC5 interior looks dated now.
From a looks point of view there both great looking cars, but the FD2 has more feature content about it and I prefer this.
Good luck.

Unless they are lowered quite a bit with the nose dipped I find them too long looking from the side.

Maybe it's the rear spolier that makes them less pleasing on my eye.

Saything that its performance is in no doubt.

No other Honda drives like the fd2 that I've driven,amazing car.
Love the looks most out of all the type R's I've had.

Obviously silver is the best colour to own ;p

Seriously though they are a serious machine & thought as a 4 door nsx.

You have to own one to appreciate it, then sell it and realise you've made a Huge mistake.. And yep buy another one. The smile is back !

I love mine & want to keep it until it turns to the family runaround !

Now get yourself one and start smiling properly ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting that the suspension is 'bouncy'... I havent gotten the chance to drive a FD2 yet and there are none around here. I would have to spend the $30K USD to import without even knowing how they drive.

Interesting that the suspension is 'bouncy'... I havent gotten the chance to drive a FD2 yet and there are none around here. I would have to spend the $30K USD to import without even knowing how they drive.

Get friendly with someone who has one on here then jump on a plane for a long "weekend break". ;)

i see the fd 2 a perfect replacement for my atr

not driven one yet im awaiting the price to fall as there a little out of my price range (wishful thinking though)

Quickest K20 Type R to date, rare as fook in the UK, best looking. Awesome on track, and the most practical to boot if you need rear doors like me. What's not to like :)

Back