• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Wheel fitment, 18” or 19”? Please help

Hi all,
Basically I’m looking for some aftermarket wheels for my FK2 Type R. I have searched high and low for some 19” wheels that I like and I’m really struggling, most brands seem to stop at 18”. Enkei have told me although they do 19” it’s custom an comes with a price to match and that most their Type R customers step down to 18”.
I was wondering has anyone fitted 18”? Then what is the arch gap like because let’s be honest the arches are huge. Photos from anyone who has down this would be great.
Also is it possible and worthwhile going for a wider wheel than standard for improved grip? My car is currently running 400bhp and early next year I plan on taking this further so anything to maximise grip is important, feedback from those who have done it would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I had 18" winters on mine. Arch gap is the same if you buy the correct sized tyres...

Link in my signature (viewable on here if you are on Tapatalk).

I had 18" winters on mine. Arch gap is the same if you buy the correct sized tyres...

Link in my signature (viewable on here if you are on Tapatalk).

Thanks.
Seems people are just doing it for a winter wheel like yourself. As I’m after something to use year round (I work away most the year particularly in the winter so don’t really need a set for then) I should look for 19”. May go with a set of TE37’s, I just know that won’t be a cheap purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wheels got sold yesterday, the only thing I have left now is a set of oem mats that are almost new and a diffuser which I forgot about until the other day (might be good for carbon dipping)

Oh I’ve got a couple of sets of oem brake lines and a gear gaitor too.

Refreshingly I had a serious buyer who came and collected £3k of parts yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are my 18" winter rims
IMG_2294.jpg

IMG_3835.jpg

Back