• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Wheel squeak

I've noticed a squeak which seems to sound like its coming from either of the front to wheels. N3YL B said it could be pads that need replacing, though its only seen 14k. Just wondered if anyone else had this problem.

Chris

Ahh, fair do's! haha, didn't really have a clue, as i thought the squeak would have came on if i applied the brakes, rather than me turning the wheel.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a new set??

Chris

Take it i'm looking for paper thin pads then! lol Had 3 cars in 3 years and never needed pads! Something tells me this car is going to cost abit! :p

I had this a few months ago everytime I went round a right hand corner.

I think it was down the the changing of springs though and they were still settling.

A good thrashing at Bedford Autodrome sorted it out :lol:

on my old EP3, I needed new pads at 15k, the front wheel would squeak when I turned the wheel about 5 degrees from the 12 o'clock position.

pads were about 45 quid but Honda charged me an extra 65 quid for changing them....robbing bastids.:evil:

on my old EP3, I needed new pads at 15k, the front wheel would squeak when I turned the wheel about 5 degrees from the 12 o'clock position.

pads were about 45 quid but Honda charged me an extra 65 quid for changing them....robbing bastids.:evil:
Surely you can change a set of pads yourself... If not, we need to get a how to up sharpish!

Surely you can change a set of pads yourself... If not, we need to get a how to up sharpish!

can't be arsed mate....not even got any copper grease stuff....It was at the stealers investigating the squeak issue so I could not be bothered to argue.

furry muff. I'm just tight and resent paying £60 per hour for a retard to look at my car!

Take it i'm looking for paper thin pads then! lol Had 3 cars in 3 years and never needed pads! Something tells me this car is going to cost abit! :p

I have had my car two whole days and I said exactly the same thing to myself today ... "This car is going to cost..."... but the fun far outweighs cost at the moment...

I had that same noise coming while I was driving without me applying the brakes. It usually happens when you turn the wheel slightly.
I got it sorted by applying some copper grease on the back of the brake pads. Hasn't made a sound since...It's a cheap fix, worth while doing.

furry muff. I'm just tight and resent paying £60 per hour for a retard to look at my car!

Totally agree!
I'll change a set of pads for anyone, and my rates are good too!;) Ha ha, that sounds promising!

Jesus, i cant believe that comment about pads being changed at 14k...someone must drive like a..err..crazy person!:rolleyes: Its rare to change pads that soon on most cars!

Back