• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

When you start your engine...

smeg

Needs to get laid - PRONTO!
What is that beeping noise coming from the engine?

I've been wanting to know for nearly 2 years now :lol:

Beeping?? You know you don't need to press the centre of the steering wheel to start the car don't you? :lol: :lol:

Neily03 said:
Beeping?? You know you don't need to press the centre of the steering wheel to start the car don't you? :lol: :lol:

So you don't know what I mean then?

It doesn't happen everytime either. Which is weird.

Just as soon as the engine fires up you get the 'bleeeeep' Not loud, quite high pitched.

Is this just me :oops: :?

smeg said:

Just as soon as the engine fires up you get the 'bleeeeep' Not loud, quite high pitched.
Sounds like your headlight motor is gone.

No beeps for me, although last week i did start to get a high pitch whine for the first 30 secs after start up. So i sprayed some WD40 on the alternator belt while the engine was running, whining gone. 8)

smokedog said:
smeg said:

Sounds like your headlight motor is gone.

I don't think it has anything to do with that. Plus the head lights work fine and adjust okay :?

It sounds like it's meant to bleep.

Tell you what next time there is a meet you can all hear it for yourselves.

I will try to get a sound clip later.

No beeps here smeg..... :?

Maybe it was an optional extra. :wink: :lol:

Solenoids can whine as they are energised but beeping? Dunno what this could be, not happening on my 53.

nope. no beeping.

maybe it'll add extra value when you try to sell the car.

"Beeps when starting the engine, no other CTR has this feature!"

Back