• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

where to fit a dump valve on my turbo ep3

Yeah all turbos have one just don't all make that noise i expect you want. just a matter of changing it is it not?

I think they all have a compressor bypass valve think you just swap that with a blow off valve (dump valve)

A turbo system will have a recirc valve or dump valve.. Recirc valve is alot quieter than a dump valve as it will not release the excess pressure build as a dump valve does.. If your tuner/fitter said I'd dosent need one trust him...

A recirc valve is a type of dump valve of sorts.

All the difference is that one vents to atmosphere and recirculates the air back in to the intake.

All turbo systems need one. Regardless of what your tuner says.

It prolongs the life of the compressor.

Well some say it needs one and he said it doesnt and with all the problems that I have had with the work he has done I tend to think it does even *** he said not

Its better to get one but i wouldn't think its doing damage but it could in the long run depends what psi it is. Anything above 8psi it really should have one.

Well technically I do. Its built into the turbo unit itself. But I don't run a separate unit.

Danga, a recirc is a type Of dump valve.

Running no dv is bad for the turbo as when the throttle plate is closed, any built up boost pressure has nowhere to go so it can stall the turbo compressor blades which are spinning at anything up to 200000rpm! Not good to suddenly stop.

Back