• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Which Air Filter for 05 Plate CTR

Hi guys,

Ive got money to burn and want to get an air filter for my CTR ep3. Has any one got any recommendations?

Ideally wanted to get a v-tec controller too - can any one recommend any places local to kent to get one fitted and the prices i should be looking at etc - any known problems with it etc?

Cheers for any help. Lee

Hi mate, do you mean a induction kit or just a replacemnt filter?

If you have money to burn buy the Gruppe 'M induction kit its the best one for the EP3 but does cost about £500.

I have one, but waited for a good deal, alot of people buy them second hand which is a good option, I'd say expect to pay about £300/350 for a second hand one.

HTH
:)

Gruppe M is the daddy, well proven gains, and a great sound, looks awesome under the bonnet aswell, nice big lump of carbon bling. AEM CAI is a good one for a lot less, good gains, hell of a noise, but beware if you live anywhere near rivers or fords as they lie low in the bumper and can get water intake, which results in flooded engine and about £3500 lighter in the pocket. The new boy is the ARC Induction Box, ask G about these i think he was one of the first on here to try them out, he seems to love it. Don't bother with things like K&N Typhoon or Pipercross, too much heat soak means less power.

And as far as VTEC controller's go, i have never heard a good thing about them, most people avoid them like the scabby plague:evil:

Hope this helps mate.;)

You forgot ITG Maxogen. Proven good gains, no worries about water getting in the engine, also cheaper than Gruppe

The J's Racing filter might be worth a look too, Barry @ VTEC Direct can source it. It's not cheap though, £500+ but you'd be the first EP3 owner on here to have one, as I've not seen anyone else with one...

The J's Racing filter might be worth a look too, Barry @ VTEC Direct can source it. It's not cheap though, £500+ but you'd be the first EP3 owner on here to have one, as I've not seen anyone else with one...

Excellent point, if you have the money to burn, get one of these, being one of the first to try would be cool.

I had an ARC on my old MR2 tubby and found them to be very good but very expensive. No noise difference (if thats what your after) but there was a little power increase and a small torque increase.

Thanks for all your help guys. Sounds like im gona need a lil more money lol. The gruppe M sounds like the one to go for, cant seem to find it on the net from a reputible company though..

Thanks for all ya help. I think ill give the vtect controller a miss. Does anyone know about remap power gains and companies to do them? cost etc

Thanks again L

Again mate, a re-map will be £700+ if you want a Kpro, which is reprogrammable they tend to be the most popular.

Most people get a few other mods first before they get a remap, exhaust, mani, etc..

A CTR will respond well with just a induction kit though.

:)

Some videos.
Gruppe

[youtube]XXdizqWzjRE[/youtube]

Maxogen

[youtube]AbKPPTzw8j4[/youtube]

Thanks guys - really helpful - ill listen to those youtube videos at home.. still at work.. shhhh ;)

Well any excuse I guess to show it off, but my vote still goes for the ARC:

yt0ni1.jpg

So dang sexy, sounds amazing and works a treat. I should really take some videos I guess...

ARC... the new GruppM :D ;)

Back