• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Which Coilover's?

I'm looking into buying some coilovers in the next month and was wondering for a budget of around £700 what would be best to buy.

I've been looking at the BC's and also D2's.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Try looking at ast coilies, google powerstation and have a look, they are a great bit of kit.

Jacob

Depends what you are after and what you plan to do with your car. £700, although a lot of wonga, is not a huge budget for something you could easily spend 3K+ on. I've seen a £1700 set only last 300 track miles this year. I would look out for second hand ones too - but research the rebuild costs before doing a deal!

Seano

Get a set of Eibach/Spoon springs with that budget. Cheapest coilovers I would buy are AST's and they are around £1100 or so the last time I looked.

BC coilovers have been getting some very good write ups. Seem to be popular with evo and Impreza owners.

Get a set of Eibach/Spoon springs with that budget. Cheapest coilovers I would buy are AST's and they are around £1100 or so the last time I looked.

I agree. Buy cheap buy twice. I'd stay away from the Taiwanese made Coilys.

Spoon springs and FRSU :cool:

I have D2's and a lot of my friend have them too, I have had no problems with them and compared to the Tein Monoflex I had they are great. Cost isn't the ending factor as my £600 coilovers out perform my £1900 ones without even trying. I agree you get what you pay for but not in all cases.
If you want a decent road set up then BC or D2's will do you well if you want a track set up then AST's would be a better option.

Heard too many accounts of D2's failing, leaks galore with them.

So far the BC shocks seem to be pretty reliable, but only time will tell.

And AST are a better UK road shock than the D2 for sure and most other Japanese (spec) coilovers.

I have D2's and a lot of my friend have them too, I have had no problems with them and compared to the Tein Monoflex I had they are great. Cost isn't the ending factor as my £600 coilovers out perform my £1900 ones without even trying. I agree you get what you pay for but not in all cases.
If you want a decent road set up then BC or D2's will do you well if you want a track set up then AST's would be a better option.

You must be joking? The D2's on my DC5 lasted no more than a year before I started having issues. Do not want.

Cheapest coilovers I would buy are AST's and they are around £1100 or so the last time I looked.

Just had a group buy on FD2-owners, £1500 fitted. Sooo glad I got them on the car from new.

What about Eibach Pro-Streets?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had a group buy on FD2-owners, £1500 fitted.

What about Eibach Pro-Streets?

Last I knew, they were £800, but, that was before the recession kicked in, so they may well be more expensive now. Tom rates them, but he says for road use, the Eibach springs are more than up to the job.

Last I knew, they were £800, but, that was before the recession kicked in, so they may well be more expensive now. Tom rates them, but he says for road use, the Eibach springs are more than up to the job.

Yup, Ian's just fitted some to his EP3 along with a set of KYB dampers. :D

I have BC n+ coilovers on my DC5 atm and allthough I can't really comment on the build quality so far as they have only been on the car for about 5k.
I do rate them for the drive quality at least there better than the teins the only other coilovers I've tried. :D

Hello, MeisterR here. :)
Some of you may have heard of me from Civiclife, but I am now an official trader on the type-r-owners.

I am doing a clearance deal on my stock of MeisterR Zeta Coilovers for the EP3 / DC5 at £549 delivered.
More details can be found on my thread in the trader section. ;)

DC5coilovers.jpg

Anyone on the site running these?? ^

Not yet because I haven't really promoted them for the EP3 / DC5.

They are extremely high quality and one of the rare few coilovers on the market for EP3 / DC5 that comes with INVERTED Dampers. :cool:

Just to say that the Zeta Coilovers had been on offer for a while to proven itself.

Here are pictures of some cars using the MeisterR Coilovers. :)

Intro.jpg

Back