• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Which is the quietest exhaust but also gives good gains?

Fujitsubo, Mugen or Toda I believe are the quiet systems but all three are £££, unless you can find one second hand.

what about aftermarket header , sportscat, silenced 2,5" b pipe and stock Box?

Im fitting an unsilenced 2,5" b pipe tonight with everything else stock.
hope to get some improvement over stock with a nice sporty sound

You'll never make amazing gains, no matter what the exhaust makers say. The K20 likes to have a lot spent before it starts to make major figures. A 2.5" un silenced centre section will free up the breathing nicely and with the OEM box it will give you a nice little sound, a little more raspy but without the bass tones that drone in the cabin. An intake as Bonito says will give you more volume when you plant your foot, but the noise will be more from the bonnet area. As far as manifolds go, you'll need a K100 to run one properly or the engine could lean out and cause all sorts of problems.
Personally, I'd go for a Super Sprint or RY8B8 centre section, un silenced obviously. This will give you a little in the mid range grunt and they give a superb noise. If you can find one for good money aswell, look at the Spoon centres.

@ NYA thanks for the info mate.Thats why i have chosen for an unsilenced B 2.5" b pipe. Just to free up some breathing for better respons and just a tad more sound compared to stock. Cause engine noise is domenating right now and i want to have it a little more balanced out with the above setup.

Now something else. Would a sportscat help to compliment the bigger mid section of am i better of using the stock cat?
Im not into massive gains and not willing to spent a boat load on a aftermarket ECU. But i just want it to run a little more freely (if that makes any sense)

@ NYA thanks for the info mate.Thats why i have chosen for an unsilenced B 2.5" b pipe. Just to free up some breathing for better respons and just a tad more sound compared to stock. Cause engine noise is domenating right now and i want to have it a little more balanced out with the above setup.

Now something else. Would a sportscat help to compliment the bigger mid section of am i better of using the stock cat?
Im not into massive gains and not willing to spent a boat load on a aftermarket ECU. But i just want it to run a little more freely (if that makes any sense)

Tbh mate, I've never really heard much about sports CATS, lots of people just go for a de-cat and find a friendly MOT guy. A de-cat is another thing that you'll most likely want a remap for. The K20 is a bit of a finicky bitch when it comes to breathing mods, to get the best you have to map it. The stock CAT is a good one and is rated quite highly, sure I read somewhere the whole system is rated to go to around 350bhp, so that's not too shabby.
If you want a better airflow, try the Hondata Mod to your air box. You basically remove all the fins inside the OEM box to aid the airflow, there's loads of YouTube guides on how to do it, it has proven to be a cheap and effective mod for a lot of people, add in a good high flow filter and you'll find the throttle more responsive and you'll get a slight increase in the noise.
The 2.5" B Pipe is sot on for the Civic, you'll get some nice throaty noise from it in VTec, but it won't be silly loud when you're just cruising along, it's definitely how I'd go if I had another EP, a friend had the same setup, and it sounded great to me. Which one have you gone for by the way? The Supersprint ones get good reviews, the R8BYB ones are supposed to be superb, he's a guy on CTRO that makes them himself, you may be able to pick up a good second hand one if you look around. If you want the daddy, then Spoon it has to be, but they are pricey. Best of luck with it all, let us know how you get on ;)

@NYA ...hondata airbox mod...check my post on the intake&exhaust thread ;). Dunno what kind of make mines is. Its of a mates EP3. It looks like supersprint but there is no brand on it. It also has the oval shape back box with it. Wich im not planing on using. Hope to post pics soon, so maybe u guys can help me out a bit.
After this its going to be facelift shocks + eibach proline kit + camberset + PU gearbox insert with engine demper and lighter flywheel. Maybe an DC5 OEM header and leave it at that. I think with these mods i will be quite the happy camper for a while. Still trying to get to know the car. Its a lot harder to drive then my EK4 B18C. So im hoping the FRSU will make up for that

Back