• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Which manifold system need help & advise!!!!!!

Hiya just recently brought a 2004 ep3 type r only mod was a cheap and nasty race x induction kit. so ive decided to get a aem cold air kit (Behind the bumper) while im doing this i was wondering if you guys can help me out i want to get a sports manifold kit and decat/sports cat. If found if products which one should i go for thanks stuart.

Piper sports manifold + sports cat £610 0R

DC sports 421 Race header + DC sports decat + enerdy sus kit £524.95

I decided to price up the piper sports cat not decat because they told me that i would need to swop the manifold when mot time comes because the standard cat does not fit. they also sed that 22 bhp would be achived is this true. Hope you can help me out thanks

With the DC manifold and full exhaust system you might get 22bhp but only after you've had the kpro experience!

Piper's figures are doubtful from just a sports cat and header.

If that DC sports price is correct its a steal. Get that one.

If not get a TODA.

I got the quote off funky power so you think i should go for the dc sports. will i need a o2 sensor cheat for this

TBH mate, if your getting a sports header and Cat back you should really get a remap, (Kpro-K100) otherwise you will start to run lean and will start to come into some problems.

If you have a remap there will be no need for a O2 sim as the mapper will adjust to suit.

Remember it wont pass the MOT with the DC sports on, so if its comming up then get that out the way first. You need the Hondata - K100 or Kpro to get the best out of the modifications.

thanks for that (Kpro-K100) are these to diffent ecu mods whats the diffence between them diffence in price and what do they achive thanks for this info also weres the best place to buy one (Im from s wales near cardiff anyone know any where round this location)

i was looking at the piper, i would say that they do say up to 22bhp, but then they cant claim that if it isnt true because people would complain about it

i was looking at the piper, i would say that they do say up to 22bhp, but then they cant claim that if it isnt true because people would complain about it

Yeah, but that claim is a very broad one, you will never get 22bhp on a OEM engine with the standard map, never going to happen, forget it.

But, you may get 22bhp with a filter and a new map.

will have to read the small print, they probably put it on a heavily tuned civic with no manifold sports cats or exhaust lol then it went up by 22bhp

will have to read the small print, they probably put it on a heavily tuned civic with no manifold sports cats or exhaust lol then it went up by 22bhp

Thats what I would have thought TBH.

My old set up (when dyno'd) of a Gruppe 'M, DC5 header, Spoon 2-1, and Spoon B-pipe only made 5 BHP with the OEM map.

Thats what I would have thought TBH.

My old set up (when dyno'd) of a Gruppe 'M, DC5 header, Spoon 2-1, and Spoon B-pipe only made 5 BHP with the OEM map.

:eek::confused: they need to prove it then lol i will happily tell them and everyone the outcome of mine if i had it done telling them they need to change their facts or make it clearer that the civic had a supercharge fitted to it :p:lol:

i phoned them up quizing them on the subject they said to dyno runns with a average of 22bhp

think im gonna get the money together and get the induction manifold and exhaust in one hit :lol:

i phoned them up quizing them on the subject they said to dyno runns with a average of 22bhp

think im gonna get the money together and get the induction manifold and exhaust in one hit :lol:

what about Kpro?

Or do you want to run lean? :eek:

just wondering how much can you get out out of these n/a engines without going down the road of turbo and super charges 250 maybe ???

just wondering how much can you get out out of these n/a engines without going down the road of turbo and super charges 250 maybe ???

The magic figure is about 250bhp, which with Induction, throttle, inlet, ECU, Header, cat back is certainly achieveable.

Anything else and you're talking serious money with little gain, if you want to stay NA that is, which you should IMO.

tbh imo my car with dc sport mani and cat back made a massive difference without kpro, dont know about actual gains but from traffic lights i could instantly tell, later i was able to prove many times over lol, i know alot of you will think this is mad and actually after reading alot of posts i wasnt expecting much until i bought a kpro, however i was more than happy with the result as it was :)

Back