• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Which oil shall i buy???

It is quite straight forward though :D

It is good quality oil that the K20 (our engine) benefits from. If you do not want to buy it I would also highly recommend Shell Helix ultra 5W40 (pictured) as that is also very good oil (available from shell petrol stations. Given the choice though I would always use Silkolene Pro S 5w40

ok great! will go with the Silkolene tho! thanks :)

Laughing my flipping ass off at this thread.

Mate, you'll love the Silkolene. For The Win etcetera.

*SLAM*

Buy the Silkolene, it will give you approx 7-9hp extra every single oil change.

Trap

The reason the dealers are using 0-30w is that if they can service all of their cars with this, they will save money as they don't have to buy 0-30w and 5-40w in bulk.

The only cars that Honda put 5-40w in now are S2000's and NSX's. I'm guessing as there aren't that many of both of those about compared to civic's etc then they don't have to buy a lot of 5-40w in.

Your car can run on 0-30w, but it will run better on 5-40w.

Buy it from oilman. I can see a trend starting here...

The reason the dealers are using 0-30w is that if they can service all of their cars with this, they will save money as they don't have to buy 0-30w and 5-40w in bulk.

The only cars that Honda put 5-40w in now are S2000's and NSX's. I'm guessing as there aren't that many of both of those about compared to civic's etc then they don't have to buy a lot of 5-40w in.

Your car can run on 0-30w, but it will run better on 5-40w.

Buy it from oilman. I can see a trend starting here...

Thanks everyone :) will order some 10w50 tomorrow! oops! wrong one ;)
i think its clear which oil to buy thanks! :)

Back