• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Which shampoo??

I'm having a few issues deciding which shampoo to use for my cosmic grey CTR. I'm currently using some shampoo/wax mix that I picked up in tesco but I quite fancy getting something a bit special now I have a nicer car :D

There's several good reviews on various shampoos on the internet but I think personal experience based opinions seem to be more accurate. So, can anyone recommend me a good shampoo to use? Price isn't too important but I don't want to pay crazy money.

Thanks in advance,
Aaron

Thought this was going to be about Head and Shoulders etc for a minute.

Autoglym Car Shampoo - It's alright, nothing special. Doesn't foam much and you need quite a lot in the bucket for a good wash.

DoDo Juice Sour Power - Smells AMAZING, foams a good bit and gives a good wash, but for a really good wash still need quite a bit in the bucket for mixing. Expensive for bottle size.

Meguiars Gold Class - Same as Autoglym, but good value for money to be honest.

Turtle Wax Nano Tech - Suprisingly alright, get alot for your money. Need quite a bit in the bucket but it does have quite alot of wax in it believe it or not.

Zaino Show Car Shine Shampoo - Outstanding. Smells good, not too expensive, very little required per bucket. Foams so well and goes so far! Be careful not to use too much as it can be a bit greasy but it's because it goes so far. Best shampoo I have used so far.

Hope that helps a little. I was a DoDo Juice dude for a long time but Zaino stuff is just on another level in my opinion now.

Autoglym is decent but as said before, not very foamy

Megs Gold Class cleans to the squeek, which is not to everyones liking - particularly mine

Dodo Juice Born to be Mild - nice and slick, gentle if your car is well maintained

Zymol AutoWash - good all rounder - I like this and use it most often - Dont bother surfing the net for it, its cheapest of all at Halfords.

Autosmart Duet - nice slick, "wash and wax" , not really wax, but gloss enhancers - nice product, but you need use quite a lot, its reasonably priced though and comes in a 5litre tub.

I use Muc Off Uber Shine find it very good it has water softeners foams lovely and leave the car with hardly any water marks so not much to shammy...

i always use AutoGlym car shampoo on my cosmic and it does the job.

you are better spending a bit more on waxes and sealants to get a good shine.

Most branded shampoo's are going to be ok.

I use Meguirs Gold Class with wool mit.

Just dont use washing up liquid...

I use Autogylm Shampoo, I've tried various others, but I always seem to revert back.

If you buy the Autogylm Shampoo in the 2.5L bottles then they're actually quite good value, especially with the 3 for 2 Halfrauds are currently running. ;)

a good wool mitt is also advisable to avoid scratches when cleaning. i use the Megs one, it's nice.

Not keen on the Autoglym shampoo as it had stripped all the wax off my previous cars. Spending 30 hours detailing a car, then after 4 weeks finding no wax on the car, not a happy bunny!

I only ever touch products which are PH neutral like Dodo Juice, and now currently trying out Megs NXT Generation Car Wash which is also PH neutral. I use a megs wash mit which helps keeps scratches and swirls to a minimum.

I use Chemical Guys Extreme Body wash and wax, it foams up nicely and you don't need alot and it also smells AMAZING :)
Also use a Meg's wash mitt to try and prevent some scratching :)

I know it's a few months old and you've got a shampoo by now, but all the dodo ones are great and all really concentrated to you get more out of a bottle than most bigger ones. Sour power leaves behind a little carnauba to keep your wax topped up and shiny.... valet pro poseidon's carnauba wash also does a similar job

Megs nxt gen 2.0 or something is good.

Doesn't strip off the previous wax/polish on the car :)

Nice and foamy in a lance.

Just tried the new auto finesse 'lather' shampoo..... 2000:1 ratio, good price, smells great, works really well.... My new favourite shampoo....

Back