• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Whining noise at high speeds

Hi all,

I just got back from a trip to Kent, on the way down there I was doing high speeds (on private roads) and all was fine, the car was coping ok.

Now on the way back, whenever i got up to 60mph plus, there was a whining noise sounded like it was coming from the engine pretty noticeable. its not continously on, but on n off very quickly.

does anyone have any ideas? i dont really have time to take it in to Honda at the mo, as if i take a day off work i miss a days pay :eek:

cheers

Alright. I noticed a boy called naz_r in the newbies thread had a similar problem with his accord, check it out mate :)

RonT said:
Alright. I noticed a boy called naz_r in the newbies thread had a similar problem with his accord, check it out mate :)

That is an auto-tensioner problem - common with the ATRs.

MilanoChris is right - if you can get the time off wan, get Honda to check the upper windscreen seal.

Ive had all three of the mentioned problems.

I had the tensioner for the aux belt changed but this whine was audible at all speeds and when idling so not sure if this would be your problem as you say its only noticable at 60 mph plus.

Regarding the windscreen problem, I had this too but it was more of a whistling than a distinctive whine.

My ctr has always made a whining noise especially at higher speeds and this is actually a common characteristic for the ctr.
The noise is produced by the transmission and I think it sounds quite good :D

I can see from your sig that you drive a sport so not too sure if this post is any good to you at all :oops:

Good luck

Nick

Morty1970 said:
My ctr has always made a whining noise especially at higher speeds and this is actually a common characteristic for the ctr.
The noise is produced by the transmission and I think it sounds quite good :D

Mine never made any whining noises...

On the 'other' site this was mentioned on quite a few threads and it seemed that some had it and some didnt but all in all was a characteristic and not a problem.

Mindyou, since I got shot of the ex it hasnt been noticable

Morty1970 said:
On the 'other' site this was mentioned on quite a few threads and it seemed that some had it and some didnt but all in all was a characteristic and not a problem.

Mindyou, since I got shot of the ex it hasnt been noticable

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Im going to have to get Honda to take a look anyway, but dont want some gimp caning around my car :eek:

Ta for your help :)

After a similar sitruation I replaced the auto tensioner..........

The problem was still there, it turned out to be coming from the A/C so have bought a shorter belt and now don't turn the A/C compressor, noise gone !!

If it is the Auto tensioner, then I have a spare or 2 now !!

thanks mate, will let you know 8)

Is still under warranty though so should be done for free

I get a very high pitched whining sound

Ohh just remembered that would be the supercharger :lol:

Back