• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Who has read their owners manual?

No funnies here you lot, it's a serious question bourne out of something that haappened today.

More specifics later.

I certainly never.

I think the owners manual is something you look at when you come across a fault or query Dave.

What was the problem?

I read mine from cover to cover. I was obsessed with the car (still am really) and tried to remember all little minor details like where the fuel cut off switch is.

I am now slowly getting through the workshop CD - a girlfriend has provided more interesting obssessions.

i have too :oops:

whatever i get, i always read the manual from cover to cover; be it a mobile phone, camera to a car.

Never got one with mine. Saved some money as it was misplace :rolleyes: Got the service manual though so wasnt too fussed!

I read most of mine when I got the car. :oops: Haven't opened it for years tho.

Manuals are there to be read when something goes wrong/bang. Until then, it's guess work and pushing various buttons.

Has something gone wrong and you've admitted to the stealers of not reading your manual. I should imagine they would say tough luck to your warranty.

Has something gone wrong and you've admitted to the stealers of not reading your manual. I should imagine they would say tough luck to your warranty.

:D:D I am a dealer.

More replies needed as I am awaiting a posting maybe.

OK, I think the consensus of opinion is that manuals are for putting under the legs of wobbly tables, it is rare that I read one as well.

Anyway, I was expecting a bad post thread on one of the CTR forums either yesterday or today due to the following;

Most of you are aware that I am a Service Advisor ina Honda dealership.
Early yesterday I received a phone call from a CTR owner who had travelled into the area and he had a puncture.
He eventually made his way to a tyre centre.
This tyre centre was about 15 miles from my dealership.

The conversation was;

CTR; I have a puncture and tried to fit the space saver spare wheel and it would not go on, I had to drive on a nearly flat tyre to a tyre centre and they have told me I need a new tyre as it has been run flat.
I also don't have the standard wheel and tyres.

Me; I take it you have a puncture in a front tyre, if you have run it flat you would need a new tyre as you would have damaged the inside wall of the tyre.
What you needed to do is to put the space saver onto the rear wheel and then the rear wheel to the front - it's in your manual.
It due to the size of the brake discs/calipers, the space saver will not go over them.

CTR; Honda are not prepared to do anything then.

Me; No, it's all explained in your manual.

At that point we exchanged pleasent goodbyes.
I could tell that the caller was not a happy bunny and he had obviously not read the manual otherwise he would have saved himself the cost of the tyre.

About 10 minutes later he phoned again - he had been brewing up a temper and frustration by this time, and was more than likely still at the tyre centre.

CTR; I called a few minutes ago. How am I supposed to take two wheels off the car, with only one jack and the car on a hill?

Me; (Thinking it's a bit too early for mystery shoppers).
Jack up the rear wheel of the car, take the wheel off and put the space saver on, then jack up the front, remove the punctured wheel and put the wheel on that you took off the rear.
It's all in your manual.

By then he definately was not a happy bunny as he was not getting the sympathy vote.

Now, I know that and I don't even own a Type R.

I do hope that if it was you and you are reading this, you eventually got it sorted and was able to reach your destination safely etc.

If however you are not on this forum and therefore not reading this;

R T F M!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

and no, I am not naming anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
i can sympathise with the run flat not fitting on the front, but come on, it's not rocket science!

I dont read the manual until something goes wrong....even though the first problem I had the other day I didnt even think to look in the manual until someone mentioned it.

I thought changing a car tyre was common sense though?

Back