• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Who's on their 2nd set of Iridium Spark Plugs ?

Do you mean the standard plugs? They're iridium aren't they?? Honda says to change 'em every 72k miles.

changed mine at 50k

the old ones looked ok, but as the car is not stock I though it best to change

Mine have so far done 68k, going to change very soon however. Probably try HKS next. Heard good things....

deffo gona change mine at 40k

might even pop a new set in on the 2nd service coz i been running all dodgy air/fuel ratios testing out maps.

Black R said:
G said:
Mine have so far done 68k, going to change very soon however. Probably try HKS next. Heard good things....

dont waste your money mate, HKS are just rebranded Denso ones

this may be of help to people changing plugs
http://type-r-owners.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10575&highlight=plugs

That's a great guide and it's slightly taken the fear out of changing the plugs myself - thanks :D mines done about 59k - perhaps on a hot day
I could check them and see if they need changing.

Every 20K. Mines modified with aggressive ignition and the plugs do wear. Have even gone 1 step colder. :!:

tp said:
Every 20K. Mines modified with aggressive ignition and the plugs do wear. Have even gone 1 step colder. :!:

Running JRSC, do you have a Denso part number you could recommend ??.

HASNIC said:
HKS ones were cheaper than the OEM spec ones for mine so went with the HKS plugs!

Exactly why I am doing it m8. :D Same plug but cheaper as HKS.

The difference between different spark plug makes is not noticeable, that's even if there is any difference. Waste of money IMO!

BigRed said:
I am confused, plugs designed to last until 72K being changed early - why is this?

For peace of mind really esp on the more highly tuned engines it's worth doing IMO just to keep everything in check :)

HASNIC said:
BigRed said:
I am confused, plugs designed to last until 72K being changed early - why is this?

For peace of mind really esp on the more highly tuned engines it's worth doing IMO just to keep everything in check :)

You mean keeping it in top condition :D

As everything deterioates with age, so even thou it was designed to
last 72k [ based on "normal" use? ] it would have come to the end
of it's life, so won't be working at 100% due to wear and tear.

Or am I talking bo**ocks :D

bunnykins said:
HASNIC said:
BigRed said:

You mean keeping it in top condition :D

As everything deterioates with age, so even thou it was designed to
last 72k [ based on "normal" use? ] it would have come to the end
of it's life, so won't be working at 100% due to wear and tear.

Or am I talking bo**ocks :D

Not so sure about that, the spark jumps the gap, the gap changes with age due to heat, deposits and pitting at the point of the electrical arc on normal plugs. Iridium tipped plugs do away with that need because they are so hard wearing, hence 72K. Each to their own but they ain't cheap and if they ain't broken - I ain't gonna try to fix 'em.

I got told the CTR comes standard with Denso Iridium Spark Plugs and to avoid the HKS Iridium Plugs at all costs :?

Back