• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Will I Blow My Engine!!!! HELP ME!!!!

Hello i know your going to hate my question because its the cheap option ( not everyone is minted)

with my decat to turn of the engine light off can i use a simulator or spacer without doing harm to my engine

please no stupid comments as i know your going to say get it remapped.

not going to spend £300 on a k100 then £300 for a remap then £200 for a mani and decat = £800 for a decat NOT SPENDING THAT!!!!

i will only use these spacers or simulators if im sure it wont harm the engine.

the companys that sell them say they wont, but then they would say that, are they lieing?

cheers!!!!!

I'd rather spend a couple of hundred quid and have peace of mind then risk an engine worth thousands

You can get a decat with O2 spacer for less than £100. Not sure how good the spacers are, nor am I sure how good the O2 sims are that you can buy. I guess you could give it a go, providing you don't have other mods it probably won't run too lean, you could take it to a dyno and have A/F read at the exhaust to check.

For a short while it will be fine. Running sh!t but fine. For long term you really should look at getting it mapped.

It is just a risk if you use the simulators and you get an engine fault your ecu will not tell you. You could also be loosing power because your car might be running in safe mode you need to get the car remapped there is No other way round it unless you want to ruin your car !
Hello i know your going to hate my question because its the cheap option ( not everyone is minted)

with my decat to turn of the engine light off can i use a simulator or spacer without doing harm to my engine

please no stupid comments as i know your going to say get it remapped.

not going to spend £300 on a k100 then £300 for a remap then £200 for a mani and decat = £800 for a decat NOT SPENDING THAT!!!!

i will only use these spacers or simulators if im sure it wont harm the engine.

the companys that sell them say they wont, but then they would say that, are they lieing?

cheers!!!!!

If its just noise you are after get a unsilenced bpipe or a catback. If its power then you need it mapped.

I wouldn't run the o2 simulators but each to there own.

Back