• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Will I damage anything?

NYA

Right, as you may know I've removed my damaged DC Sports exhaust manifold and put on the OEM and CAT for the upcoming MOT. My question is, will it do any damage running it like this for a short while? I have it mapped for the parts obviously, and it's on a Dastek chip(I know not the best). I'm planning on getting the manifold fixed and put back on, but I'm just a little concerned as to wether it will cause issues short term or long term.

You'll be fine Darren, it'll just run a bit rich. Nothing to worry about. It's going the other way that causes the problems.

If it was running mega rich (which it shouldn't do) over a prolonged period you'd get excessive coke build up and you'd start to get misfires as the plugs build up a layer of coke. Nothing major again, the majority of this goes away naturally when the air/fuel ratio is correct. You can "terraclean" it if it's bad, which doesn't require any stripping of cylinder heads or anything else for that matter. So all in all, you won't cause any lasting damage, it shouldn't even cause short term issues with the minor level of overfueling you're going to see.

Back