• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Will removing my Strut Brace affect my Geometry Setup?

Hi all, as above, I need to remove my J's racing strut brace and in doing so will be unbolting the top bolts on the mcpherson struts (i think that's what they are called :oops: ) Will this mess with my fast road setup in any way? and will the alignment need to be redone?

Thanks in advance, Rich. :D

enginebay01wj9.jpg

In theory it could do, but I'd do it with the car on its wheels (ie not jacked up) and wouldn't worry about it tbh.

Edit: looking at it again, are there three bolts through the strut mounts on each side but only two of them through the brace? If so then that really lessens your chances of knocking the settings out.

Evs said:
In theory it could do, but I'd do it with the car on its wheels (ie not jacked up) and wouldn't worry about it tbh.

Edit: looking at it again, are there three bolts through the strut mounts on each side but only two of them through the brace? If so then that really lessens your chances of knocking the settings out.

Thanks for the reply, the rhs has only two bolts used but the lhs has all three, I will give it a go when the car isn't jacked, fingers crossed nothing will move! :)

Ancodia said:
Reddy said:
why's it coming off :wink:

Hi mate, it don't fit with my new itg maxogen unfortunately :cry: my aem cai & spoon setup was doin my ears in so had to go! :shock: :D

I can assosiate with that.

U selling it?

Reddy said:

U selling it?

Might put it up for sale soon but I have the ETD for it too so will probably sell them together, will drop you a pm if ur interested?

Ancodia said:
Reddy said:

U selling it?

Might put it up for sale soon but I have the ETD for it too so will probably sell them together, will drop you a pm if ur interested?

How much are these worth? My mate wants to buy mine off me.

- Kevin.

Back