• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Winter Tyres

Allo all,

It's getting to that time of the year when the nights draw in and the weather is wet and cold. I thought it might be a good idea to plump for some winter tyres for my ep3.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Something that's good with the wet and the cold.

Many Thanks
Dan

Rather than start a new thread would these be any good for the snow and ice? I know I dont have a 4x4 and I dont intend on going out in the stuff but it's just incase I get caught out? Or am I just going over board and finding a solution to a problem that isnt there?

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail and all that.

I put some Toyo Snowprox on last year after they were recommend from a friend. They were very grippy all winter which helped me no end in the snow and ice down the country lanes i have to commute to. Only downside is that the compound is quite soft and the tread was getting a little low towards the end of winter. 75% lost i would say after about 5k miles.

I put some Toyo Snowprox on last year after they were recommend from a friend. They were very grippy all winter which helped me no end in the snow and ice down the country lanes i have to commute to. Only downside is that the compound is quite soft and the tread was getting a little low towards the end of winter. 75% lost i would say after about 5k miles.

Well the problem is I work in the countryside, and I dont fancy getting stuck at work :lol: if the weather gets awful I dont leave, the bosses can get me. So these sound perfect. Do you think I need 4 or just the two drive wheels?

My tyres cheapest £61 odd will do the job

Is that a website or something?

+1 for the Snowprox, had them on over in Germany, definitely a must if you frequent ungritted roads often.

Cheers Fire.
Chris the route I take has heavy use by HGVs so its usually well gritted but it gets so cold around there the grit does shizz all. I've had too many hairy moments around there to risk it again lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back