• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Woody's DC5 Progress *Pic heavy*

Thought id put some progress up as ive not updated on here. Had the car just over a year now.

Some details from when i brought it...

Imported July 2009 - Brought by me May 2010
Championship White
59000 miles
B-Pack
Completely Standard but still consists of the usual goodies:
Type R Bodykit
Brembo Brakes All Round
Recaro Bucket Seats
Red Trim
Momo Steering Wheel
Wind Deflecters
HID Lights

SANY0382.jpg

First thing to sort was the discs as the rears had warped so took the opportunity to get some grooved Apexi Discs and some Mintex Pads. Also got a buddy club cap.

SANY0277-1.jpg

Then changed the wipers with some Aero Wipers & got some Engine Mounts - not fitted the engine mounts though, didnt realise how much work was involved :eek:

SANY0278-1.jpg

Got myself a Buddy Club Pro Spec exhaust. Nice and loud 69mm piping :cool: The sound on it is unbelievable, nice deep tone although almost to loud! :twisted:

SANY0282-1.jpg

SANY0295.jpg

SANY0296.jpg

Changed the sidelights and Number plate light
Comparison(old ones on the left!(obv)

SideLights.jpg

Suits my annoyingly bright main lights :lol:

FrontLights.jpg

No. plate Before
YellowPlate.jpg

After
WhitePlate.jpg

Decided to De-badge. They can always be put back on, gives it alot cleaner look.

Before
SANY0355.jpg

The Result
SANY0357.jpg

The GOW sticker has now come off though.

Seat Covers - Nobody likes them but i think they are great :lol:
SANY0372.jpg

Meshed the grill. This has saved my rad a few times now!

DSC00217.jpg

DSC00219.jpg

Had my MOT, all good :D

DSC00252.jpg

Sticky Plate

Before - Real crap number plate
SANY0404.jpg

After
SANY0406.jpg

Custom Battery bar/Tie added

SANY0407-1.jpg

Tints - Had these done but not happy with the outcome. Told them to use Limo black :x

SANY0408.jpg

Put some socks on!

SANY0411.jpg

Fitted a earthing kit(Thanks LeeH :) ) , quite a good bit of kit, more bay bling more than anything. Has stopped me getting eletric shockc when i get out the car so cant complain really. Also fitted a 6K HID Kit also supplied via LeeH, no pics though.

DSCF2607.jpg

Service time - Drop in Do-Luck Filter, Pro S Oil and filter and NGK plugs

DSCF2615.jpg

Removed the rear fog light, some pics taken a while ago:

DSCF2582.jpg

DSCF2563.jpg

A video of my car :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccp4oUY8HTI

Most recent update...

Got some Eibach springs fitted that give a modest drop of 35mm back and 25mm front. Perfect ride hide imo, doesnt scrape on speed bumps and no rubbing this is how they should have been from factory. The ride is no harsher than OEM and it now handles even better. The arches kinda hide the wheels a little now so think i need some 18s...

Springs still settling so may drop a little more...

SANY0012.jpg

SANY0001.jpg

SANY0013.jpg

SANY0010.jpg

SANY0011.jpg

SANY0015.jpg

SANY0005-1.jpg

Next on the list for this year:

• Front Bumper(Spray or replace)
  • Alloys - Looking at some 18s in CW
  • Refurb Calipers
  • Camber Bolts/Arms(FRSU)
  • RRC Manifold
  • Induction Kit, possibly Tegiwa 'M'

Some updates

Had the car dyno'd. Running on ultimate so not the best of fuels but very happy with 201 no engine mods(only exhaust and hondata airbox mod).

Mark1.jpg

Got some FN2 alloys. With the small drop, imo this is how the DC5 should have been OEM.

IMAG0060.jpg

IMAG0061.jpg

IMAG0072.jpg

IMAG0075.jpg

A weee close to the calipers lol Will get some spacers but had no issues so far even with some enthusiastic driving.

IMAG0062.jpg

Liking the rims, think they give it a little more style, need to space them though if they hit your callipers you're going be in some sh@t. Other than that, i'm bloody Jealous :lol:

looks good mate, maybe a different colour to the wheels to break it up a little would be my only suggestion.

Back