• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

XO motorsports mild 540 engine build

Im having a trubo fitted next week, what rods and pistons are you using in this engine, and what else did you use to streinghthen the engine?

we use eagle forged rods and wiseco forged pistons but pistons to our spec. also arp head studs and custom main studs too. it depends on how much boost you gona run if its around 20 to 25psi get a block guard

i have not seen a cracked liner yet on k20 so i dont know what its tenstile strengh is.
cometic gasket too

make sure you check the bearing clearance with plastigauge as you can easily spin a bearing if they not within spec

a good build is as important to a good tune

here to help

Can someone explain to an idiot like myself what the point of having that sort of BHP (500+) in a FWD car? You'd surely struggle to put any power down in 1st-3rd.

I'm genuinely not trolling - I'm just trying to work out what the point is sticking that sort of BHP through a car that is by definition handicapped (FWD) from the outset...

Back