• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Yess bitchesss!!!! I got 37mpg for my 60mile commute on the 24th attempt!!

I have been trying to see how economical a ep3 can be. I always think, whats the point having an ep3 if you are not going to use It properly, this results in me not getting over 30mpg.

on my average country side commute of 60 miles the total mpg has varied depending on driving style.
- Lowest mpg : 16.8mpg
- average mpg : 30 mpg
- highest Mpg : 37.2 (for once i resisted vtec - only 3-4 full vtec blast in no more than 2gears)

After writing all that, i am unaware why i am starting a thread, possibly because i cant contain my excitement.

They can be fab on juice if you drive it gently, with some spirited driving my average went down to just under 29mpg when driving tidy I averaged just under 37mpg thats a mix of town and dual carriageways.

2atygy7u.jpg

^^^ lol that was what my expression looked like on the last set of traffic lights before i reached my destination. Haha.

021.jpg

how ya like them apples!!..........that was only 8 miles after i reset the trip ***, doing roughly 60 and getting no where near vtec....still put a smile on my face

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose there are other factors at work here such as the octane rating of the fuel, the condition of your lambda sensor, tyre pressures, wheel size and so on. Not to mention somebody having a stripped out car vs one laden with ice and bitches.

I suppose there are other factors at work here such as the octane rating of the fuel, the condition of your lambda sensor, tyre pressures, wheel size and so on. Not to mention somebody having a stripped out car vs one laden with ice and bitches.

Mines always a full tank, boot full of ice, lots of bitches, flat tyres, what lambda sensor?

37mpg was for my 60mile journey.
No way will i ever get that over a full tank. Best ive achieved was 26mp over 50litres.

The type R is balls cheap to own if you have one in good condition. I had only ever spent money on petrol and oil, never needed any other attention.

Does it hover? It's special one if the tyres don't get worn down lol.

Yes it flies after 6000rpm ;)

I did have to buy a pair of tyres which cost me £260 for fitted bridgestone potenzas. Not a cheap tyre i have to admit but i will have to see how long they last.

Back