• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Yokohama AD08R

Chris.

Founder
Administrator
Revised AD08 compound.

[video=youtube;pXBux6psPac]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pXBux6psPac[/video]

Interesting stuff, I think I will be heading back to AD08 compound once my RSR's have died.

Not bad really, hard to tell as I was braking earlier than I would have liked to due to judder etc, I like the Advans though and I'd prefer to run them.

Booked in on Saturday to get two of these fitted on the front. Will be interesting to see how much faster I can go round Tsukuba.

I have just bought 4 of the AD08R's and they should arrive sometime this week, so will let you guys know how they are once i've had a chance to road test them. Will also upload some photos etc too :)

I would try the tires out but insurance don't allow me to use these types of tire for road use cause they class them as a "track tyre" hence why i don't use the AD08

Yes that's true. Surely the insurance company will cover them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some companies can be blind when it comes to anything like that. When I had my Cooper S it had Run Flats, I went to get them changed and the guy at the tyre place made me call my insurance company at the time, who told me I had to have Run Flats as any other tyre would be classed as a modification for which I wasn't covered. It's ridiculous as I was going with far better tyres, Run Flats are horrid things. They are not grippy, loud from the road noise, and wear quickly.

Yes that's true. Surely the insurance company will cover them?

Nope, i clearly explained what i was planning on getting the AD08 and they said that i wouldn't be covered for road use as they deem them a track tyre.

Who's your insurance company, they sound like idiots.

They do. The AD08's are a road tyre suitable for the track. Mine arrived today so hope to fit them tomorrow. They look awesome! :D they smell nice too! Weird but I love the smell of new tyres! :D

It's the same as this bullsh*t about having to declare winter tyres.

They're tyres. They're road legal. They meet the spec laid out in the owners handbook. End of.

An insurance company that tried to claim otherwise to avoid their responsibilities would find themselves getting reamed by the ombudsman.

Let us know how they cope with crappy weather too! :confused:

They do. The AD08's are a road tyre suitable for the track. Mine arrived today so hope to fit them tomorrow. They look awesome! :D they smell nice too! Weird but I love the smell of new tyres! :D

Will do dude. I have the new R versions which are supposed to be better in the wet. They have a 'B' wet weather rating so should be good! Think the very cold weather will be when they aren't so good. And snow...!

I found the paradas ok in the wet, try only seem to lose grip when they are angled, as in the steering wheel is turned. I'd get wheelspins but not lose it sideways if that makes sense. That could just be my whack geometry and toe in settings though which I plan to get sorted soon.

I get lift off oversteer on my current AD08's in the dry. Would be interesting to go back to Paradas with my current set up. Still got them on my old wheels, might have to give it a go.

Fresh tyre smell ahhhh :lol:

Back