• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

You know the heatsoak thing

V2 and Typhoon can go in the bin....

This hurts, but have you considered the Tegiwa M?
Cheaper chinese replica of the Gruppe M

/SHUDDER

Why don't you try the hondata mod? or just put a good air filter like the K&N or ITG in the standard airbox.

I have the AEM cai and am saving up to get a tegiwa m or a gruppe m but if its just noise then go for the V2 or typhoon.

I've got the standard Airbox so that's an option. I like the noise but don't want to sacrifice performance. Guess with what I'm saying the teg or gruppe m seems the obvious choice

The typhoon or v2 arent the best for power gains, and you will get heatsoak if sat in traffic, but the heatsoak doesnt render the car un-driveable. They sound amazing, much louder than the aem cai and apparantly the hondata airbox mod doesnt give much noise.

As its a daily I'd be tempted to get a v2 or typhoon for the daily fun factor of the noise, but keep the aem for track where there arent hydrolock worries?

I've just replaced my typhoon with a Tegiwa *runs and hides* for £260 but I need to buy a heatshield. But I'm going for more power with the k100 & supporting mods.

If you want cheap noise without power gains - typhoon or v2
If you want noise with power gains - GruppeM or Tegiwa but you pay a price
Other than there's the aem which you already have (save this one for another thread ;) lol)

Cheers. For the price I paid will give it a blast, would sell easily if needs be. It's very rare I sit in traffic, I literally go to work and back and it's a very pain less drive. Trial and error I guess

The typhoon or v2 arent the best for power gains, and you will get heatsoak if sat in traffic, but the heatsoak doesnt render the car un-driveable. They sound amazing, much louder than the aem cai and apparantly the hondata airbox mod doesnt give much noise.

As its a daily I'd be tempted to get a v2 or typhoon for the daily fun factor of the noise, but keep the aem for track where there arent hydrolock worries?

I've just replaced my typhoon with a Tegiwa *runs and hides* for £260 but I need to buy a heatshield. But I'm going for more power with the k100 & supporting mods.

If you want cheap noise without power gains - typhoon or v2
If you want noise with power gains - GruppeM or Tegiwa but you pay a price
Other than there's the aem which you already have (save this one for another thread ;) lol)

I would add, If you want little noise with power gains - ITG Maxogen (Proved to get some of the best gains)

Back