• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Your tyre reviews

I've just put on 4 brand new Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 2 tyres and what can i say.... WOW! such a huge transformation in the dry and wet! I feel a lot safer and can feel when reaching the limit. i've only had them on for 2 weeks so still learning how to drive with the new tyres in terms of traction, cornering, breaking etc.

all in all great tyres :cool: I have 215/45/17 with OEM wheels.

Afternoon all,

Just purchased an EP3 and all 4 tyres are different, therefore, I am looking to replace all of them for new.

Currently, 205/40/17s front and 205/45/17s rear. I believe standard fitment is 205/45/17s allround, however, these seem to be quite rare and more expensive than the likes of 215/40/17 or 215/45/17.

I have read through the entire thread, however, there seem to be mixed opinions of most of the tyres.

I am currently looking at the following shortlist:

• £94.95 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 - 215/45R17 91Y XL FP TL
  • £84.50 Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - 215/40R17 87Y XL TL
  • £89.40 Yokohama Parada Spec 2 PA 01 - 215/40R17 87W TL
  • £72.95 Falken FK 452 - 215/40R17 87W XL TL
  • £112.50 Continental Sport Contact 2 Contisportcontact 2 - 205/45R17 Z XL FR TL
  • £44.95 Nankang NS2 Ultra Sport Nankang NS 2 - 205/45R17 88V XL TL
Seems like the Eagle F1s are well recommended.. can anyone clarify?

Afternoon all,

Just purchased an EP3 and all 4 tyres are different, therefore, I am looking to replace all of them for new.

Currently, 205/40/17s front and 205/45/17s rear. I believe standard fitment is 205/45/17s allround, however, these seem to be quite rare and more expensive than the likes of 215/40/17 or 215/45/17.

I have read through the entire thread, however, there seem to be mixed opinions of most of the tyres.

I am currently looking at the following shortlist:
  • £94.95 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 - 215/45R17 91Y XL FP TL
  • £84.50 Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - 215/40R17 87Y XL TL
  • £89.40 Yokohama Parada Spec 2 PA 01 - 215/40R17 87W TL
  • £72.95 Falken FK 452 - 215/40R17 87W XL TL
  • £112.50 Continental Sport Contact 2 Contisportcontact 2 - 205/45R17 Z XL FR TL
  • £44.95 Nankang NS2 Ultra Sport Nankang NS 2 - 205/45R17 88V XL TL
Seems like the Eagle F1s are well recommended.. can anyone clarify?
hi mate i would pick the goodyear out of that list

Chris, thanks for your reply.

I have also spotted:

• £150.00 Yokohama AD08 Advan Neova Yokohama AD 08 - 205/45R17 84W TL

I have the AD08's and they are amazing. Not sure how they will handle in the winter months but there's only one way to find out

Thanks both, I only use the car for daily driving, and am looking to replace the tyres as there is some rumbling from the rear end due to a defective tyre and I would prefer to having 4 matching.. I think I will go for the Goodyear F1 Asymmetric

Help choosing tyres

So I will be needing to change my tyres end of this month I could maybe stretch them out to February. So I've been looking for good but cheapish tyres (I've been on Camskill and Blackcircles) and am looking at (order of the cheapest first):

Kumho Ecsta Le Sport KU39
Falken Ziex ZE-914
Toyo Proxes T1-R
Bridgestone Potenza RE040 and RE050A

I've read some of the tyre reviews I would like the Bridgestones but they are at the high end of my budget Realistically I would be looking at RE040's if I choose Bridgestone but heard they aren't to good in the wet.
The Toyo's and Falken's seem to have good mixed reviews but anyone tried the Kumho's They are pretty cheap just wondering are they decent?

Out of them, it'd be the bridgestones. The EP3 came with RE040 from the factory, they aren't as bad as forum F1 drivers would lead you to believe.

As with any car/tyre you won't have an accident if you drive to your abilities and the condition of the road.

Awesome advice those are true words I was a bit put off by the RE040's because of what people said (although I always thought they couldn't be too bad seems Honda put them on standard). The car is my daily driver and I drive it steady although I do like to use the performance occasionally no track days or anything though.
Camskill are the cheapest I've seen them, anyone recommend anywhere else?
Anyone used the Kumho's? I read some reviews on the interweb and they have good reviews and are cheap.

I'd seriously stick with the potenza. They're very good and the tyres are the most important component of the car.

Don't scrimp.

Pots used to be a lot more, what are they now? £100 a corner.

Yeah Camskill are doing them for £113 per tyre at the moment I think that's pretty good unless someone has seen them cheaper elsewhere.
I'll probably go for these I would like the RE050A I've heard they are good but over my budget :(

I have spent a week trawling the tyre sections on here and the CTR forums and I have concluded that Bridgestone Potz RE040 are the way to go. I have purchased a set of 4..

Looks like it's the RE040's then, time to search around for the cheapest lol. Thanks for the advice as always guys :D

There's a chap over on CTRO who can get hold of Michelin Primacy tyres in 215/45/17 for a great price - I've got 4 on and can't fault them

I first went through a full set of the potenzas RE040s and now a full set of Goodyear Eagle GSD3 F1's and in my opinion though the Potenza was excellent in dry i preferred the the Goodyear, they were ok in wet and good in the dry but also last longer and their cheaper! So definitely check them out.

My front 2 need changing now but as I have one new RE040 laying at home I am just going to get 1 more and settle for them on the front and I think Camskill is the best price around as i have been looking for a while to :smt023

Back